beantwoord

why does the 14 days cancellation period does not apply when extending subscription

• 26 maart 2019
  • 4 reacties
  • 190 Bekeken

Five days ago I decided to cancel my daluren subscription (already have it for more than one year) but because I was offered a better price for extending it for one more year I agreed to do so. Today I changed my mind and decided that I would like to cancel the subscription after all. I was told that in this case it is not possible and that the 14 days cancellation period does not apply. I would like to know why is it so - can be useful for the future.

Thanks
icon

Beste antwoord door Emma NS 26 maart 2019, 21:42

Hi Yesiot, welcome to our Community!

I'm glad you're asking. When you purchase a season ticket, you get to cancel your season ticket in the first fourteen days. Sometimes someone buys a season ticket and then al of a sudden the job offer is cancelled. In this scenario it comes in handy when you have the possibility to cancel your order. Now, you have ordered this season ticket a year ago and you just agreed with renewal, thus it's not a new product or a new purchase. When you buy clothes and you bring it to a second hand shop, the buyer also doesn't get the opportunity to bring it back to the second hand shop.

I hope you understand! 🙂
Bekijk origineel

4 reacties

Hi Yesiot, welcome to our Community!

I'm glad you're asking. When you purchase a season ticket, you get to cancel your season ticket in the first fourteen days. Sometimes someone buys a season ticket and then al of a sudden the job offer is cancelled. In this scenario it comes in handy when you have the possibility to cancel your order. Now, you have ordered this season ticket a year ago and you just agreed with renewal, thus it's not a new product or a new purchase. When you buy clothes and you bring it to a second hand shop, the buyer also doesn't get the opportunity to bring it back to the second hand shop.

I hope you understand! 🙂
Reputatie 7
Badge +3
@Yesiot
The 14-days cancellation period doesn't apply to transportation tickets. It's one out of a quite long list of exceptions in the law.
@Emma NS @Tamzin

Thank you for your answers. The second explanation makes more sense to me - the subscription is treated as a ticket and train tickets don't fall under the 14 days regulation.
Now, you have ordered this season ticket a year ago and you just agreed with renewal, thus it's not a new product or a new purchase.
Hi @Emma NS,

Is there no way for @Yesiot to at least get a part of his/her money back?

Can he/she end the subscription after the first month for instance?

Or switch to Flex basic, Flex without a subscription? Normally this is possible even in the first year.

@Yesiot,

If you do decide to switch to Flex, know that you are giving the NS a blank check on your bank account. So if you travel, the money for the ticket will be deducted from your bank account and not the credit on the card. If something goes wrong, contact the customer survice immediately to rectify what went wrong. Don't use the contact form, because that will take too long for a reply.

You will get back the subscription fees from the moment you switch till the end of the subscription.

Switching to Flex is inadvisable if you have a subscription from another transport provider on the same card.

After the first month you can then contact customer survice to completely end the subscription.

Reageer