beantwoord

Dagkaart NS vakantieveilingen

• 25 oktober 2019
  • 4 reacties
  • 107 Bekeken

Hi,

I had a question about the cheap train tickets that are on Vakantie Veiligen ( €20 for 2x day tickets for weekends ).

Do I need to take the fastest route from station to station or am I allowed to make a detour ?

So for example, if I start in Amsterdam and need to go to Almere. Am I allowed to make a detour through Scheveningen if I need to pick something up? Or will I get in trouble if I get checked.

thabk you

icon

Beste antwoord door Tochjo 25 oktober 2019, 15:32

You need to take a route that is shown in the journey planner when you plan a journey from Amsterdam to Almere. This means that detours are not allowed; you may only interrupt your journey at an intermediate station on a route given by the journey planner.

Note that because of that these tickets aren't called “day tickets", but rather “one way tickets”. Actual day tickets do exist, but they are more expensive, see e.g. this offer.

Bekijk origineel

4 reacties

Badge +3

You need to take a route that is shown in the journey planner when you plan a journey from Amsterdam to Almere. This means that detours are not allowed; you may only interrupt your journey at an intermediate station on a route given by the journey planner.

Note that because of that these tickets aren't called “day tickets", but rather “one way tickets”. Actual day tickets do exist, but they are more expensive, see e.g. this offer.

hi,

Thank you for your response and the link to that offer. So with that ticket I am allowed to go to any station with detours and all kinds of routes during those times right ?

Thank you a lot.

Badge +3

Yes, that offer entitles you to unlimited travel by train throughout the Netherlands.

Hi Jorden and welcome to the NS community. 

As Tochjo explained to you, the ticket you mentioned in your first post is only valid on the route in the travel planner. A Day ticket, as mentioned in Tochjo's post, is the ticket that gives you the most freedom. Enjoy your travels! 

Reageer