beantwoord

one way ticket

• 10 februari 2020
  • 4 reacties
  • 184 Bekeken

I have bought an One-way off-peak train ticket on https://www.actievandedag.nl/actie-aanbieding/enkele-reis-daluren-2e-klas. It says‘The train ticket is not valid in Thalys and Eurostar. You pay a separate surcharge in advance for the Intercity Direct between Rotterdam and Schiphol and on the domestic route of IC International.’ I have some questions:

1. Could I use the ticket to take Stoptrein (Syntus) train?
  2. Could I use it to take ICD9248/IC9248 from Rotterdam Centraal to Breda without a separate surcharge?
  3. Which type of the train belongs to IC International? Does Intercity Brussel belong to IC International?

I’m looking forward to your reply. Thank you very much.

icon

Beste antwoord door Stijn NS 10 februari 2020, 14:20

That is indeed correct. Only the IC Direct between Schiphol and Rotterdam and the specific ICE international train require a supplement. I do not know why ActievandeDag changed their information, but I've sent their customer service an e-mail requesting them to correct it.

Bekijk origineel

4 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge

1: Depends on the journey you bought the ticket for….

2: The 9248 is the Intercity Direct Brussels. The supplement is only needed if you travel between Rotterdam and Schiphol by Intercity Direct. Rotterdam-Breda is supplement-free so yes, you could take that train if your ticket allows it.

3: Intercity Brussels is indeed an International train.

Good morning Wang BENL and welcome to the NS Community!

I see Edwin has already answered your questions, but I do like to elaborate on question 1 a bit more. The ticket you’re referring to can be used for a train trip with a Syntus Stoptrein. However, these trains only traverse specific routes. Once cashed in for a specific route, your ticket will only be valid on that specific route. So if the Syntus train is not on that route, the ticket can’t be used for the Syntus train.

Reputatie 6
Badge +2

@Stijn NS Isn't it weird and possibly confusing it says IC International, shouldn't that be ICE International? Like ActievandeDag (1st screenshot) used to say up until now and what the Spoordeelwinkel (2nd screenshot) says. 

On other allowed international IC's, for example IC Berlin or IC Brussels between Breda and Rotterdam and between Amsterdam and Schiphol, you don't need a supplement/separate surcharge for domestic journeys. Unless of course you're using the HSL between between Schiphol and Rotterdam.

That is indeed correct. Only the IC Direct between Schiphol and Rotterdam and the specific ICE international train require a supplement. I do not know why ActievandeDag changed their information, but I've sent their customer service an e-mail requesting them to correct it.

Reageer