beantwoord

Wrong info groupticket

Why does it state on your website: "A NS Group return ticket is suitable for at least 4 and at most 10 people
Different people can leave from different stations, but they must all be travelling to the same destination." But after buying this product we can only choose the same departure/destination. If this has changed, why is the information on your website false, looks like false advertisement.
icon

Beste antwoord door Wouter NS 14 april 2017, 19:47

Hello Michiel Tam and welcome to our forum!

That is indeed false information. Since yesterday the rules for Groepsretour changed. The whole group now has to leave from the same station. Do you have for me the link of this page? Then I will report it to our website editors.

Thanks for having such a sharp eye!
Bekijk origineel

14 reacties

Hello Michiel Tam and welcome to our forum!

That is indeed false information. Since yesterday the rules for Groepsretour changed. The whole group now has to leave from the same station. Do you have for me the link of this page? Then I will report it to our website editors.

Thanks for having such a sharp eye!
Reputatie 5
Why does it state on your website: "A NS Group return ticket is suitable for at least 4 and at most 10 people
Different people can leave from different stations, but they must all be travelling to the same destination." But after buying this product we can only choose the same departure/destination. If this has changed, why is the information on your website false, looks like false advertisement.

The conditions for the Group return ticket have changed from the 13th of April. The Dutch page has been adapted, the English page has obviously been overlooked.
https://www.ns.nl/producten/en/losse-kaartjes/p/ns-groepsretour
Thank you! I informed the editors! Have a happy Easter! I will give an update when they have changed it!
Reputatie 4
Badge
And how are you going to compensate/reimburse Michiel and anyone else buying a product that does not meet expectations?
@Gert-Jan G

Michiel Tam did not ask for compensation in his question, but if you want a compensation, Michiel, I am happy to check with you what I can offer.
Hi Michiel Tam and thanks for your patience. The website editors will change this page to the correct information.
Hello,

I am getting in touch with you because I bought a group ticket for my brother, from Maastricht to Den Haag. He was not traveling with the rest of the people that bought the same ticket but I read that it is not a probhttps://www.ns.nl/producten/en/losse-kaartjes/p/ns-groepsretour

The thing is that he took the train in Eindhoven so I am not sure if that it is a issue or not. A ticket collector asked him the ticket and told him that what he was doing was illegal. He was in shock. The ticket collector told him that he would put a fine if he doesn't leave the train.

I would like to make a complaint about that because I believe he was not doing anything illegal at all.

Could you help me with that?

Best regards,

Lupe
Reputatie 7
Badge +4
With Facebook you have to face problems. Likely something else was wrong. It is allowed to travel alone with a legal groupticket. The use of Facebook ticket is improper and violates the intentions of a groupticket. It is tolerated, a kind of acquiescence.

He saved 50 euros and the price of a ticket when he had to leave the train when his ticket was not valid. Nothing to complain about in the case of a non-valid ticket.
In this case he did not save any money because he had to buy a regular ticket. That's why I would like to make a formal complaint since he was not doing anything illegal
Reputatie 7
Badge +4
I am wondering why it was not valid. All trainconductors know the rules. I wonder whether something else was wrong. Did he show a legal ID? Was the date right? Was everything fully readable? Was it possible to check all the attributes? His attitude toward courtesy might have been a factor. We can only guess.
I am wondering why it was not valid. All trainconductors know the rules. I wonder whether something else was wrong. Did he show a legal ID? Was the date right? Was everything fully readable? Was it possible to check all the attributes? His attitude toward courtesy might have been a factor. We can only guess.

Yes, everything was in order 😞 He is visiting me so he could not react well to that. That's why I am looking for some help.
Reputatie 7
Was it printed?
Was it printed?

Yes, it was printed with the correct name and everything

Reageer