Skip to main content

Hi.

NS algorithm has just turned down my 3 claims:

2 x for the strike day (based on a sub 60+ mind delay basis resulting in refund lower than 2.30 which is nonsense as I couldn't reach my destination at all at two attempts

1 x for a suspension of service between Halfweg and Zandvoort last Thursday when for some reason Sprinters could not (intercities could!!!) operate for nearly 3 peak hours due to some weird occurrence.

Can someone explain why does that happen?! We pay loads of money for the tickets. What's more important , we are affected at our workplaces when commuting goes wrong. I myslef had to cover your strike with my holiday allowance as I basically couldn't reach my place of work.

Regards,

Kris

NS has claims handled by a very basic algorithm and only looks at your claims fairly after you reply to a decline.

Why? I assume it's a combination of not wanting to invest in improving the system and hoping customers give up on their rightful claims.

I knew about the algorithm, however not engaging human beings to deal with all the strike related claims is appalling. NS defo hopes people just give up on their claims. Well, I can't afford that when it happens 30-40 times a year. 

I don’t know which subscription you have and which traject you were planning on traveling. You can check here https://www.ns.nl/binaries/_ht_1696259449887/content/assets/ns-nl/handleidingen/tabel-geld-terug-bij-vertraging-nieuw.pdf what the price is NS is willing to pay with that delay. 

But the refund  is too low mail you often get, even if it is certain you should get more. Just give a reply to the mail and be patient.

Reageer