beantwoord

complain about refund process

• 17 februari 2020
  • 6 reacties
  • 240 Bekeken

Hello.
On Feb 5, 2020, I travelled from Rotterdam Blaak to Amsterdam central station and here is the detail of my journey:
I checked in at 17:34, I ran and took the train at 17:35 from Rotterdam Blaak to Rotterdam central station, and from there I took the intercity direct to Amsterdam central. The intercity direct had 15+ delay. I was supposed to arrive there at 18:21 but I arrived there at 18:46 so I am indeed eligible for a refund, but my claim has been rejected and the support person told me that I haven’t planned my journey based on timetable which is definitely an unacceptable answer to me. This train chain I took was indeed in timetable, I don’t understand why this claim has been rejected. 

I have major complain about the poor quality answer that I received as a customer.

icon

Beste antwoord door Slidestops 17 februari 2020, 15:20

The only advice on the journey planner at 17.35 is directly to Amsterdam via Leiden (no high speed). The transfer you made in Rotterdam is 3 minutes and therefore not mentioned in the journey planner since 3 minutes is considered not enough on a station this big and busy.

The most optimal route; suggested by the journey planner gives you an arrival of 18.35 in Amsterdam Central. So in this case the delay wasn't 15 minutes or more.

Due to delays some trains appear on the journey planner because you can still take them because of the delay. The delay to your final destination is also mentioned in the journey planner then.

But according to your check-in time, 18.21 would've never been possible

Bekijk origineel

6 reacties

Reputatie 7

The only advice on the journey planner at 17.35 is directly to Amsterdam via Leiden (no high speed). The transfer you made in Rotterdam is 3 minutes and therefore not mentioned in the journey planner since 3 minutes is considered not enough on a station this big and busy.

The most optimal route; suggested by the journey planner gives you an arrival of 18.35 in Amsterdam Central. So in this case the delay wasn't 15 minutes or more.

Due to delays some trains appear on the journey planner because you can still take them because of the delay. The delay to your final destination is also mentioned in the journey planner then.

But according to your check-in time, 18.21 would've never been possible

Hi Sara Bagheri and welcome to the NS Community! 

How unfortunate to read that your claim for refund of delay has been declined. Have you already reacted to the rejection email? Otherwise I would advice you to that. My colleagues could then look at your claim again. 

@Sanne NS  yes I am in contact with them via email and they told me because I have not planned my journey according timetable, I am not eligible for the refund. if you look at this page https://www.ns.nl/en/customer-service/refunds/refunds-for-delays-on-a-domestic-route.html traveling according the timetable is not mentioned in the list! so the rejection of my refund seems very unfair to me. 

Hi Sara! 

The difficult thing is that I can't change anything about this claim, as it is my colleagues task to judge and handle this. I can't do anything anymore as they have already made the call for this. I would against my colleague at that moment and that is not what I want to do. 

Badge +3

If the 3 minutes transfer at Rotterdam Centaal to the IC direct was cross-platform, your claim should be honored, but because the system calculated a faster route (less than 15 minutes delay) it will be rejected.

Reply to the rejection mail by stating your actual journey. At least, you should be able to get the IC direct surcharge back.

If the transfer to the (delayed) ICd showed up in the planner as valid, it may help to file your claim from Rotterdam Centraal to Amsterdam Centraal, so no refund for Blaak - Centraal then.

Without a check-out and check-in at Centraal, your claim will be rejected because you came from Blaak and had a faster option via Leiden.

Badge +3

if you look at this page https://www.ns.nl/en/customer-service/refunds/refunds-for-delays-on-a-domestic-route.html traveling according the timetable is not mentioned in the list! so the rejection of my refund seems very unfair to me. 

It is the first article in the conditions (in Dutch) linked to on that page.

Reageer