beantwoord

Complaint about NS staff and processes

• 9 september 2020
  • 1 reactie
  • 325 Bekeken

I received an email earlier today asking me to contact NS regarding a change to an international ticket. I was routed to an agent who introduced herself as Anke (I did not catch the last name at the beginning of the call). She asked me to supply a lot of personal info (name, home address, birthday, details of my ticket/travel) and then put me on hold for a couple of minutes. 

When she came back on the line she told me there were no changes to my ticket. At this point, I started to feel uncomfortable because I thought it might be a phishing email. I asked her to please tell me what email account such an email might be sent from. In response, she asked me what account had it been sent from. I then informed her that if I told her that, it would be defeating the purpose of her inquiry. She then told me that she did not know the email accounts that were used to contact customers. 

Growing more suspicious, I asked her for her full name. She refused, saying that she had given me the name at the start of the call and it was my fault if I had not been listening. I then asked her if she could transfer me to customer service or a manager. She told me it was impossible and then hung up on me. 

Still quite worried, I checked the phone number online and it turns out it was the customer service line for international NS. Although relieved that I was not speaking to a scam artist, I am now even more upset at the rudeness of the person helping me and her refusal to provide her name and or a contact of someone overseeing her work. 

icon

Beste antwoord door Laura NS 9 september 2020, 18:11

Hi EileenAmsterdam and welcome to our NS Community.

I am very sorry to read that you had a dissatisfactory experience with our customer service. Our emplyees are indeed not obligated to say their name again, for the safekeep their privacy. Of course complaints can always be submitted with us. When we can connect your details to your complaint we can see the employee responsible. This complaint will then be discussed with the teammembers involved. This is also the way the team manager is updated on the situation. The team manager is not always at work and cannot come to the phone. This is not our way of working. 

Understandable to be suspicious of phishing mail. Never change that, for criminals keep getting smarter and we would like to know if this is indeed the case. Please see this webpage for more information on this subject. Is the email one of these (under “Do you doubt whether an e-mail has originated from NS?”)? Then you don't have to worry. I understand my colleague could have told you this and I suspect this colleague was uninformed. I apologize for this. 

Do you have any remaining questions regarding your ticket?

Bekijk origineel

1 reactie

Hi EileenAmsterdam and welcome to our NS Community.

I am very sorry to read that you had a dissatisfactory experience with our customer service. Our emplyees are indeed not obligated to say their name again, for the safekeep their privacy. Of course complaints can always be submitted with us. When we can connect your details to your complaint we can see the employee responsible. This complaint will then be discussed with the teammembers involved. This is also the way the team manager is updated on the situation. The team manager is not always at work and cannot come to the phone. This is not our way of working. 

Understandable to be suspicious of phishing mail. Never change that, for criminals keep getting smarter and we would like to know if this is indeed the case. Please see this webpage for more information on this subject. Is the email one of these (under “Do you doubt whether an e-mail has originated from NS?”)? Then you don't have to worry. I understand my colleague could have told you this and I suspect this colleague was uninformed. I apologize for this. 

Do you have any remaining questions regarding your ticket?

Reageer