beantwoord

How can I get my money back for calling the customer service?

• 3 February 2023
  • 5 reacties
  • 154 Bekeken

• Op het juiste spoor
  • 1 reactie

I had an issue with my abonnement paying for each travel even though it should be free - then I called the customer service, since the chat took forever and resolved the issue - just to find out that they charge you for calling them without any indication! I did not agree to pay for calling the customer service and I want my money back! I think it is unacceptable charging money without indicating it anywhere and charging money from me for resolving issues I have with NS! I used the NS chat but they could not help and I cannot call the customer service since they will just charge me money again! 

How can I get that money back now? 

icon

Beste antwoord door mrfreeze 3 February 2023, 11:10

Bekijk origineel

5 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +3

Hi v_al,

Which number did you call? The official number is 030-7515155, which is free of extra charge. It'll only cost you your ‘normal’ calling minutes.

There are however some websites that advertise on Google and let you call an expensive 0900-number, only to forward you to the official number.

@mrfreeze I called this number and I called them again and the agent said NS does not have any free phone numbers to call anymore which they should communicate since they charge you without telling you which is not acceptable. 

Reputatie 7
Badge +3

If you called that number, it'll only cost you calling minutes. It’s not possible for a normal number (meaning not 0900/0909/etc.) to charge extra.

Reputatie 7
Badge +1

@mrfreeze I called this number and I called them again and the agent said NS does not have any free phone numbers to call anymore which they should communicate since they charge you without telling you which is not acceptable. 

NS customer service have a normal, geographical phone number: 030-7515155. NS don't charge anything and you pay the normal fee of your provider you pay when calling a geographical number in the Netherlands. Please check if this is really the number you called and then with your provider if their charges are correct.

Good moning v_al and welcome to the NS Community.

What mrfreeze and rvdborgt have mentioned is correct. Our standard phone number, 030-7515155, is not a paid number. Only your standard call charges as arranged with your provider are applied. No extra costs will be charged.

...and the agent said NS does not have any free phone numbers to call anymore….

I do not know who you spoke with or which number you called to get this information, but this is completely false.

Reageer