beantwoord

Is there anyone working at NS Customer service?

Reputatie 1
Hello,
I'm wondering if anyone is working at all at the Customer Service.....I raised my complaint more than a month ago but haven't gotten any response since. I even wrote directly to nsonline again as well as contacted NS via chat. Another two weeks passed and nothing...
Best regards
Jiří S.
icon

Beste antwoord door Klaas-Jan NS 19 juni 2017, 15:24

Thanks a lot for this additional information. Please click on my name and send me a private message with personal details, like address, date of birth, IBAN and referencenumber. I will have a look.

I talked this case over with the 'International' department and we believe we've made a mistake. We will refund the difference and i hope the case is closed with that.
Bekijk origineel

20 reacties

Reputatie 7
There's a few weeks delay, maybe we can help?
Hi Jarka,

What is the problem? Because most of the time our service via Twitter and Live Chat is fast and accurate.
Reputatie 1
Hello,
well, actually it's not really a question, rather a complaint so I'm not sure how much you can help me here. Anyway, to put a long story short, on 14th May 2017 I bought a ticket in Utrecht - Centraal station for my ride to Gent in Belgium. I asked for a single ticket at the NS Service center over there and was given a ticket for a pretty high price (68,20 €). I know public transportation in the Netherlands is pretty expensive but when I heard the price I was still suprised how much it was. As I was in rush because I needed to catch the train to Rotterdam to get to Ghent in time to chatch my airport bus, I didn't really have time to deal with that and was a bit distracted and confused. I just quickly checked the ticket and thought there was some additional "international surcharge". I was thinking about it on the train and when I got off at Rotterdam I went to ask to the Service Center over there and we found out I was given by accident a 1st class ticket. The lady at the desk told me she couldn't do anything about it anymore and recommended me to write my complaint to Customer Services, so I did....
Thanks a lot for this additional information. Please click on my name and send me a private message with personal details, like address, date of birth, IBAN and referencenumber. I will have a look.

I talked this case over with the 'International' department and we believe we've made a mistake. We will refund the difference and i hope the case is closed with that.
Reputatie 1
Hello Klaas-Jan,
thank you very much for your quick help and solution! I surely agree and the case can hereby be closed.

Thanks!

Best regards
Jiří S.
No problem. I'm glad i can help. Anytime 😃
Reputatie 1
Hello Klaas-Jan again, I just got an email from NS stating that they can't refund me as I used the bought ticket to reach the destination. I fInd this ridiculous, I mean, what should I have done? Buy another ticket for 40 EUR? Or let miss my train and plane back to Prague and wait for one and a half months at the Utrecht station for an answer from customer service?
Could you please check again and clarify what happened? Thank you in advance
In the meantime i helped Jiří via a private message and the case is solved. There was a misunderstanding between two departments for which i apologize.
Reputatie 1
Hello again, it's been more than two months I didn't get any money back,nor a meaningful answer.
Suddenly everyone's quiet of course...will I ever get my satisfaction as you promised, or was it just a blind shot in the dark??
Reputatie 6
Klaas-Jan is currently still on a holiday, meaning he might not answer your private messages as quickly as you are used to. Is there anything I can help you with, or can you wait for Klaas-Jan to respond to his messages?
Reputatie 1
Hello,i see. I sent him a message like two weeks ago so I didn't think he would be on a holiday for so long. I'm also on a holiday this week,so I guess in this case I can wait for him then. Thank you
Reputatie 1
So just everyone knows what the result after almost ONE YEAR is. After 12 months of a vain effort to get refunded the 40 € for which I was ripped off I didn't get anything, only have spent hours and hours of writing emails and asking for help. Although NS customer service claims the money has been sent three times, I never received anything. The bank details and information needed are 100% correct as they were checked by both sides, other 3 people, and discussed and re-checked again with my bank. I called the bank and they confirm that in the past year not even 1 transaction from NL to my account was registered, no payment or even an unsuccesful attempt of a payment through my (Equa bank) was registered, in other words the payments that are claimed to have been sent never reached my bank as in case of wrong information provided the bank would have registered it and returned it back to NS. I do confirm I'm receiving any other international payments, the latest one from the last week from UK, so either someone keeps doing something wrong on your side, or you never actually sent it.
I give up because I've already lost much much more than 40€ in time and I no longer have nerves for that. I just beleived at least in the Netherlands things would work quite well. Next time I use a train there, I will go for free to reconsile.
Reputatie 7
Next time I use a train there, I will go for free to reconsile.
The fine for that is way more than €40,-, I would not advise to do that..
Badge +3
Maybe something went wrong if your Polish IBAN bank account had multilpe BIC codes. Use this website to find the correct BIC for your IBAN.
That's a pity to read, Jirka. If you give me the opportunity to figure this out then you may send me a private message. Can you provide me with the details you also send to Klaas-Jan?
I didn't receive a message from Jirka. If you read this then I want to ask you to send me a private message.
Erryt NS ik weet niet of jullie kunnen taggen maar met taggen krijg je nml. een email dat er gereageerd is en jij genoemd bent. @Jirka bij deze in ieder geval even de persoon getagd.
Bedankt daarvoor, JBa. Ik krijg deze mail zelf niet, maar ik zal eens navragen of ik dit ook aan kan zetten 🙂
Reputatie 1
After one year, a couple of wrong payments, and three NS forum people involved, the refund has finally been received. Thanks Erryt for your help!
All the best
Jirka
Thank you for letting us know Jirka 🙂

Reageer