beantwoord

Left item on the train 29Jul

• 30 juli 2019
  • 11 reacties
  • 338 Bekeken

Yesterday, I had an extremely frustrating situation occur as I left an item o/b train 3520 Utrecht to Schiphol. I went immediately to Customer Service & spoke to an attendant. Whom despite my insistence relayed incorrect information to the train manager (of a train I didn’t even leave the item) & had me wait for 30 minutes providing information that wasn’t even entered into a computer. An hour later I was sent an email to provide the information AGAIN. Once I reached Schiphol I was informed that the train (3520) was in fact towed off (& not in use). This was only time my item COULD have been successfully located. The form I filled in doesn’t give enough detail to actually retrieve my lost property! It’s very frustrating to have all the information & STILL it’s not located.
I was told to call a number. I’m in Dubai.
can someone kindly update the status.
icon

Beste antwoord door Danny NS 5 augustus 2019, 08:04

Thank you, kindly for your continued support trying to get my item back. I am told it would be sent to Utrecht. But, still no mail or further contact. When can I expect an email ?
Thank you

You can send me a PM with your reference number so I can check what the status is 🙂.
Bekijk origineel

11 reacties

BTW .. how do you actually follow-up on the progress of its location? The first 24 hours of lost property (as you are aware) are absolutely the most crucial!
Reputatie 4
First of all, you forget something in the train. Each trainmanager announces in Dutch and that schiphol is the next station and people should take all their belongings with Them. If you forget something, you have to hope Someone finds iT and report is. Holland had a high train capacity and traindrivers and managers change trains often. You can not simply blame the NS for this. Nevertheless I hope for you that your item Will be find and returned to you.
Mistakes happen.
I boarded at Utrecht & left the train bound for Schiphol to run to the pharmacy (not realizing my bag was in the overhead). There was sufficient time to intervene.
We had 40 mins to notify the other end & the train manager of the situation.
Instead the attendant notified THE WRONG train & has me wait at Utrecht (why)?

Instead of blaming the customer maybe someone can steer me in a direction to get my questions answered.
Hi Kim313, welcome to our Community.

It's really unfortunate you lost something. I am not the costumer service, so I'll let my colleagues know that you'll send them a message and then they will help you further with this. I really hope you find your stuff really soon!
Thank you Emma NS
No problem, I wish you all the luck.
Can someone kindly explain the procedure when something (potentially) is my lost item ?
It needs to be shipped.
Can someone kindly advise
Thank you
You can find the lost&found procedure here:

https://www.ns.nl/en/customer-service/lost-or-stolen/lost-and-found-items.html
Hi Kim313,

When we have found your lost item you will be able to collect your property at the station information desk. After 5 days we will send your property to our central storage of lost items. We will ship the items back to the owner. The minimal costs of ship this to you within The Netherlands are €15,-.

Please visit this page on our website for more information.
Thank you, kindly for your continued support trying to get my item back. I am told it would be sent to Utrecht. But, still no mail or further contact. When can I expect an email ?
Thank you
Thank you

You can send me a PM with your reference number so I can check what the status is 🙂.

Reageer