beantwoord

Missed flight

• 17 augustus 2020
  • 4 reacties
  • 446 Bekeken

Dear NS,

Due to some accident on the train line between Tilburg - Eindhoven (30.07), no trains were going in-between the 2 stations. I was about to board my train in Breda, but all the trains were canceled / delayed. I was waiting more than 1.5+ hour to depart, but nothing happened. Because of this, I could not reach my destination (Eindhoven airport), and I missed my flight. When I contacted NS by phone, I was embarrassingly told to contact my flight company, but they have nothing to do with this, as the flight was on point - sadly without me onboard.

As a result, I would like to receive some refund or compensation.

Kind regards,

Máté

icon

Beste antwoord door Anonymous 17 augustus 2020, 11:25

hi Máté

since you've had a delay of more than 60 minutes, you should be able to get your ticket price reimbursed or get a partial refund of your (monthly) subscription fee

NS does not refund your plane ticket

Can I hold NS responsible for problems caused by a delay (for example, missing an examination or an important meeting)?

No, we are not responsible for the consequences of delays. However, you can request a refund from NS Customer Service when your arrival is delayed.

Bekijk origineel

4 reacties

Reputatie 7

The only refund you could get is for the train ticket. The NS will not compensate any plane tickets.

hi Máté

since you've had a delay of more than 60 minutes, you should be able to get your ticket price reimbursed or get a partial refund of your (monthly) subscription fee

NS does not refund your plane ticket

Can I hold NS responsible for problems caused by a delay (for example, missing an examination or an important meeting)?

No, we are not responsible for the consequences of delays. However, you can request a refund from NS Customer Service when your arrival is delayed.

Reputatie 7

NS is not responsible for any consequential damages, such as missing a plane or an exam etc. See the NS travel conditions. It's the risk you take by traveling by train. I have to say there are always a lot of disruptions and cancelled trains on the tracks between Rotterdam - Breda - Tilburg - Eindhoven. Almost every day. The day before yesterday I had a delay of almost two hours between Tilburg and Breda, caused by a broken freight train blocking the tracks. The third delay affecting my journey in about a week's time. It is a very busy line with just two train tracks for most of the line.

Thank you all for the answers.

Unfortunately I’m not even eligible for the train ticket refund, because I have not been able to travel by the train due to the delay. I was just waiting onboard, and no tickets were purchased beforehand (I use NS Flex).

Wishing you all a nice day.

Reageer