beantwoord

New subscription, but I did not receive the card

• 1 januari 2021
  • 5 reacties
  • 227 Bekeken

I subscribed to the weekend package, and the amount has been deducted from my account and until now I have not received the card, and I want to travel on this weekend, what should I do?

icon

Beste antwoord door Stijn NS 2 januari 2021, 12:04

Good afternoon Maqaleh and welcome to the NS Community!

I'm sorry to read that you haven't received your card yet. As NS we are not responsible for the production and delivery of a new card, even if you purchase it via our website. We forward the relevant information to the OV-Chipcard company who then makes the card and sends it. So, to figure out why you've not received your card yet, contacting their customer service would be the final solution. That said, you often need the OV-chipcard number for them to be helpful, for which I would recommend contacting our Customer Service first. My colleague should also be able to help you with replacement tickets so you can still make use of the discount even if you haven't received your card yet.

You can reach us by phone (030-7515155), via Twitter and Facebook, or you can start a chat conversation (option ‘Chat with NS').

Bekijk origineel

5 reacties

Good afternoon Maqaleh and welcome to the NS Community!

I'm sorry to read that you haven't received your card yet. As NS we are not responsible for the production and delivery of a new card, even if you purchase it via our website. We forward the relevant information to the OV-Chipcard company who then makes the card and sends it. So, to figure out why you've not received your card yet, contacting their customer service would be the final solution. That said, you often need the OV-chipcard number for them to be helpful, for which I would recommend contacting our Customer Service first. My colleague should also be able to help you with replacement tickets so you can still make use of the discount even if you haven't received your card yet.

You can reach us by phone (030-7515155), via Twitter and Facebook, or you can start a chat conversation (option ‘Chat with NS').

Thank you 

Reputatie 7
Badge +3

Obviously NS is responsible for the delivery of your card since you have a subscription with them and not with OV-chipkaart. NS are dodging their responsibility and should set up a system so that errors can be corrected by the NS customer service.

It is absolutely pathetic that customers have to contact OV-chipkaart for errors made between NS and OV-chipkaart.

Badge +3

That said, you often need the OV-chipcard number for them to be helpful, for which I would recommend contacting our Customer Service first.

For NS Customer Service to know the card number, a card needs to have been produced (and sent). In that case, you should have received the card number too (via e-mail from OV-chipcard), unless NS does not give your e-mail address to them.

A new card usually arrives within a week, but there could be some delay because of the holidays. If the card was produced and didn't arrive today (Saturday) it will probably be delivered on Tuesday.

They gave me two tickets to use for one trip on Saturday and one travel trip on Sunday as compensation for their delay in sending the card, although I subscribed unlimited trips on weekends and that is why I subscribed to this package, and now I remember him on Saturday and remember him on a day  Sunday, and Friday it looks sad without tickets, frankly, a bad start with NS

Reageer