beantwoord

Reporting fraudulent Facebook groups selling invalid tickets

• 20 november 2017
  • 10 reacties
  • 276 Bekeken

I wish to report a Facebook group that is selling invalid tickets.

The group has over 10,000 members and claims to have sold in excess of 10,000 group tickets. Unfortunately, I have only recently moved to the Netherlands so I foolishly purchased a ticket from one of these groups after the group being advertised on Facebook and trusting the information presented on their page.

I do not ask for your sympathy as I am well aware that there is none for those that buy these tickets.

What I do ask, however, is whether NS or any other authorities (such as the police) would be interested in obtaining the details of this group in order to shut it down. This group is selling tickets advertising them to be '100% guaranteed' and valid for routes which they are aware will put travelers at risk of being fined for having an invalid ticket.

Kind regards.
icon

Beste antwoord door Klaas-Jan NS 22 november 2017, 11:29

I received a personal message with the link and other usefull information. I will deal with this and escalte this.
Bekijk origineel

10 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +4
NS is well aware of this. But I do like this posting! Facebooktravellers do cause a lot of agressive and fraudulent behavior. Let 's hope it will end soon.

It is hard to understand why NS allowed this for such a long time. I 'll bless the day this disastrous view on marketing ends. There is no profit at all at the end. Very short-sighted.

NS gets extra income but the honest travellers pay the price.

Scam, indeed, on a terrible scale.

Frustrating for the honest traveller, because with Facebook you can ignore paying for the peek-hours in the afternoon. During these peek-hours a lot of people are crammed in our trains, and as there are a lot of Facebooktravellers it will give relief when they disappear.

The train-conductors will get rid of a lot of trouble. With Facebook you have to face problems. As a traveller, but definitely as a train-conductor to handle the fraude, agression and the stupid and selfish 'discussions' of 'students'. They are far more impolite even than the ordinary Dutch.

Just read this:

https://forum.ns.nl/overige-producten-6/group-return-ticket-fine-41673
Badge +3
Amen!
Reputatie 7
Badge
Every sold group ticket and every fine is income and profit for NS
Thanks a lot for the warning Groupticketscam. I'm working for NS and i can escalate this so please post the link to this Facebookgroup.
Reputatie 7
Badge +4
I am not a member of Facebook but posting there is an excellent idea.
Reputatie 7
Badge
Posting will lead to more publicity and (ab)use. This is how (social) things work
Reputatie 7
Badge +3
Perhaps a good lesson.
Tamzin, what a pointless comment.
Reputatie 7
I agree, though on this forum we see countless instances of wrongly purchased Grouptickets, mostly through Facebook groups like this. Klaas-Jan NS asked for the link to this page, so we can escalate this correctly. Can you provide us with the URL?
I received a personal message with the link and other usefull information. I will deal with this and escalte this.

Reageer