beantwoord

Train fines abroad

• 4 oktober 2017
  • 4 reacties
  • 281 Bekeken

My son got a fine on the train for no ticket. They posted the fine to us in Ireland. Now we want to pay it but cant fine the document. What must we do..
icon

Beste antwoord door Thomas NS 4 oktober 2017, 17:36

Hello Jdevlin and welcome to our NS Serviceforum.

Unfortunate to hear that your son got a fine on one of our trains. In The Netherlands we look at every case differently, meaning that we embraced a policy that goes as follows: if a traveler receives a fine on the train for not having a valid ticket, we are willing to cancel the legal part of the fee (€50,-) making the amount left to pay only the travelcosts. This policy can only be used if this is indeed the first fine your son has ever gotten from us. If you wish to make use of this policy, I advise you to contact our customer service (we are open 24/7 by phone, tel. +31 30 7515155, or you can contact us through Twitter of Facebook) where we will be able to take care of this fine for you. You do need to have the original fine or the letter you received within reach, because it contains a number necessary for our administration. English is spoken on every customer service channel.

If you need anymore help, feel free to ask any remaining questions in this topic.
Bekijk origineel

4 reacties

Reputatie 6
Hello Jdevlin and welcome to our NS Serviceforum.

Unfortunate to hear that your son got a fine on one of our trains. In The Netherlands we look at every case differently, meaning that we embraced a policy that goes as follows: if a traveler receives a fine on the train for not having a valid ticket, we are willing to cancel the legal part of the fee (€50,-) making the amount left to pay only the travelcosts. This policy can only be used if this is indeed the first fine your son has ever gotten from us. If you wish to make use of this policy, I advise you to contact our customer service (we are open 24/7 by phone, tel. +31 30 7515155, or you can contact us through Twitter of Facebook) where we will be able to take care of this fine for you. You do need to have the original fine or the letter you received within reach, because it contains a number necessary for our administration. English is spoken on every customer service channel.

If you need anymore help, feel free to ask any remaining questions in this topic.
Our problem is that we have lost the actual fine (Letter we received). We dont have the number of the fine. What must we do?
Reputatie 6
I still advise you to contact our customer service, they might have a way to track the fine for you, based on the information your son provided when the fine was written. Good luck!
Ek sal so maak. Dankie

Reageer