beantwoord

Incomplete train schedule in app

• 26 februari 2018
  • 5 reacties
  • 95 Bekeken

• Op het juiste spoor
  • 1 reactie
Hi, so NS makes advertisement for the reisplanner and using it for the first time promptly I discover that not all trains are in the app? 17.49 sprinter ams to Rotterdam not in the app. Only the icd. Why Incomplete?
icon

Beste antwoord door Stijn NS 26 februari 2018, 19:19

Goodevening Sch and welcome to the NS Serviceforum!

I have to agree with DDietzen and indeed say that the Sprinter should have been shown. If you search the same route last week or next week, you'll see the Sprinter is shown as a valid options, as well as the regular Intercity (not the IC Direct) that goes via Haarlem, Leiden & Den Haag. DDietzen is missing one more reason for why it's shown as it is right now however, which is that it's simply an error.

I've contacted the department behind the travel planner and we think this is a result of the maintenance work on the IC Direct route. For some reason, IC Direct serie 900 has lost it's IC Direct classification in the travel planner, due to having the maintenance notification. As a result, it is considered as a regular train by the travel planner, which causes other options that take significantly longer (Sprinter 1 hour 15 mins, other regular IC routes 1 hours 10+ minutes) to not be shown. I've forwarded the issue and hopefully it will be fixed later this week.
Bekijk origineel

5 reacties

Reputatie 7
The reisplanner always gives the fastest or shortest route. The sprinter is neither.
Then again, incomplete information is portrayed. it is a useless cause I want to make my own choice if I take the fastest, most direct, most comfortabl, cheapest or what so ever choice. And btw intercities are as fast as the sprinter on that trayect
Reputatie 7
From Amsterdam Central to Rotterdam Central is 41 minutes by Intercity Direct. The sprinter takes 1 hour and 14 minutes, making it more than 30 minutes slower.

The sprinter also makes a big detour. Taking a detour is not allowed, without paying extra. The journeyplanner is showing the legal, correct routes.
Badge
Sch is right, the Sprinter from Amsterdam C to Rotterdam C should indeed be given in the planner.
Not including supplemented services (a supplement is a legitimate reason to ignore a journey option) and Thalys services which require reservation (idem), there are four direct services per hour on this route:
  • a half-hourly Intercity service (2200 series) via Leiden;
  • and this half-hourly Sprinter service (4000 series) via Breukelen.
Both options take an equal amount of time (1h14 or 1h15) and depart Amsterdam C 15 minutes apart. There is no valid reason for the Sprinter to be omitted.

The Sprinter fare is no different from the Intercity fares. When the HSL-Zuid was opened, the distribution of 'tariff units' was altered in such a way that all legitimate journeys between Amsterdam C and Rotterdam C would have the same price (excluding HSL supplements et al.), be it via Leiden, via the HSL or via Breukelen.

The only reasons I can think of for NS to not display the Sprinter in their travel planner, are:
  • to get more travellers to take the supplemented Intercity direct service (via the HSL) in order to collect more money;
  • or to relieve the often crowded Sprinter service.

I am looking forward to NS' comment on this issue.
Goodevening Sch and welcome to the NS Serviceforum!

I have to agree with DDietzen and indeed say that the Sprinter should have been shown. If you search the same route last week or next week, you'll see the Sprinter is shown as a valid options, as well as the regular Intercity (not the IC Direct) that goes via Haarlem, Leiden & Den Haag. DDietzen is missing one more reason for why it's shown as it is right now however, which is that it's simply an error.

I've contacted the department behind the travel planner and we think this is a result of the maintenance work on the IC Direct route. For some reason, IC Direct serie 900 has lost it's IC Direct classification in the travel planner, due to having the maintenance notification. As a result, it is considered as a regular train by the travel planner, which causes other options that take significantly longer (Sprinter 1 hour 15 mins, other regular IC routes 1 hours 10+ minutes) to not be shown. I've forwarded the issue and hopefully it will be fixed later this week.

Reageer