beantwoord

New Years Eve schedule

• 17 oktober 2019
  • 4 reacties
  • 694 Bekeken

Hello, does anyone know if there will be connection from Amsterdam central to schiphol airport on the 1st on January 2020 and what time the trains will start? 

icon

Beste antwoord door Stijn NS 17 oktober 2019, 15:06

Good afternoon Keimena and welcome to the NS Community!

At this point it’s a little too soon to tell the exact service schedule that will be active during the 1st of January 2020. Schedules can be adjusted due to maintenance work up to 10 days in advance. Additionally, about halfway December there will be a new main schedule presented which will be active throughout 2020.

That said, the 1st of January is generally executed as a regular Sunday schedule, so I'm sure you'll be able to travel from Amsterdam to Schiphol on that day. As for how early, I cannot tell yet, but as long as it's not super early in the morning or super late at night, you should be fine.

Bekijk origineel

4 reacties

Good afternoon Keimena and welcome to the NS Community!

At this point it’s a little too soon to tell the exact service schedule that will be active during the 1st of January 2020. Schedules can be adjusted due to maintenance work up to 10 days in advance. Additionally, about halfway December there will be a new main schedule presented which will be active throughout 2020.

That said, the 1st of January is generally executed as a regular Sunday schedule, so I'm sure you'll be able to travel from Amsterdam to Schiphol on that day. As for how early, I cannot tell yet, but as long as it's not super early in the morning or super late at night, you should be fine.

Reputatie 7
Badge +3

Normally there are no trains on New Years Eve after 8 p.m.

On New Years Day trains run according to the regular Sunday schedule starting at 1a.m. 

Badge

Normally there are no trains on New Years Eve after 8 p.m.

On New Years Day trains run according to the regular Sunday schedule starting at 1a.m. 

That's not true, trains will begin stopping at 8.00 pm at New Years Eve and some will continue to there destination. And only the regular night trains starts at New Year Day after 1.00 am, most of the trains will start after 4.00 am on the Sunday schedule.

Reputatie 7
Badge +3

Tamzin answered the original question about trains from Amsterdam Centraal to Schiphol Airport. No need to elaborate about the train service in The Netherlands in general. 

Reageer