Unreliable service | NS Community
beantwoord

Unreliable service

• 7 March 2023
  • 4 reacties
  • 122 Bekeken

Almost every week NS Train cancels or delays trains for one hour or so. People that have monthly subscription cannot ask for a refund because all of our trips are booked as 0, so nothing to refund. As a consequence we are over an hour late to work and NS can have a laugh at our expense. 

Is there a legal framework that protects customers in this case? 

The way I see it, NS train is a monopolist and can do whatever they want. I would be very, very, surprised to meet a person that can say that they rely on the NS train service. If anything NS train is the driver behind car sales outside majos cities, because that is the only reliable way to get to work.

icon

Beste antwoord door mrfreeze 7 March 2023, 11:53

Bekijk origineel

4 reacties

My apologies, you are correct. The compensation based on subscription costs is only for old subscription versions without the NS Flex payment method. They're rare, but still exist.

Reputatie 7
Badge +3

Even if you have a subscription where you trips themelves don't get billed individually, you can request a compensation for delays. After all, you are still paying for your trips through the subscription costs. The compensation is then based on the subscription cost.

No, the compensation (for Flex-subscriptions, which Pishpecki has) is based on the regular prices for a ticket. If you experience many delays you can make a profit on your subscription 😉

* De vergoeding wordt gebaseerd op de enkele ritprijs van het afgelegde NStraject. Voor NS Flex-kortingsabonnementen geldt de ritprijs inclusief eventuele verrekening van korting buiten de spits. Tijdens vrije reisperiodes (100% korting) vindt berekening plaats op basis van de vol tarief enkele ritprijs .

Good morning Pishpecki and welcome to the NS Community.

I'm sorry to read that you're often experiencing delays or cancellations, but what you've mentioned about compensations is incorrect.

People that have monthly subscription cannot ask for a refund because all of our trips are booked as 0, so nothing to refund.

Even if you have a subscription where you trips themelves don't get billed individually, you can request a compensation for delays. After all, you are still paying for your trips through the subscription costs. The compensation is then based on [s]subscription cost[/s] the price it would be without a subscription. You can find the exact compensation in this document (only available in Dutch sadly).

Reputatie 7
Badge

NS is really slow processing transactions. After a while the real costs of a trip should be shown and you can claim your money back when applicable.

Reageer