beantwoord

geld terug bij vertraging afwijzing

• 25 september 2015
  • 15 reacties
  • 289 Bekeken

Hello, last weeks the train I travel with had 2 times delay longer than 30 minutes and 1 time longer than 1 hour. I just received emails that my claims were rejected becasue there was no delay.
K
icon

Beste antwoord door John de Jong 25 september 2015, 11:39

Your first case is obvious for me. NS should refund tour travel costs. I hope a moderator of this Forum will pick this up.

For your two travels Nijmegen - Leiden, you expect to have a quick connection in Utrecht, but this is not an official connection. It does not appear in the NS Travel Planner. In other words: if you manage to change trains in Utrecht very quickly, you are just lucky, but normally, to catch the 14.23 Utrecht-Leiden, you need to leave Nijmegen with the 13.12 service (direction Den Helder), not the 13h27 service (direction Schiphol). So both times, you were on time and not late.

When you check the Travel Planner you will notice that Nijmegen – Leiden is sometimes quicker via Schiphol. You are allowed to take this route when it is shown in the Travel Planner.
Bekijk origineel

15 reacties

Reputatie 4
Badge
Could you give us the routes and trains you travelled with (or wanted to travel with). It might be easier to help you. Thanks
I travel on the line Leiden-Nijmegen, and have to change train in Utrecht
on the 3rd of September I traveled from Leiden to Nijmegen, train departure 7:52, I should arrive in Nijmegen at 9:32, I arrived at 10:35 , the train from Utrecht to Nijmegen stood for a very long time in Driebergen Zeist, and in the end it did not go to Nijmegen but had final destination Arnhem, where I had to wait for another train to Nijmegen, as a result arrived 1 hour later in Nijmegen than I should had.
on the 16th of September I traveled from Nijmegen to Leiden, train departure 13:27, I should arrive in Leiden at 15:07, I arrived at 15:38, if the train from Nijmegen to Utrecht is on time I manage to catch direct train from Utrecht to Leiden and I should arrive at 15:07
on the 14th of September I traveled from Nijmegen to Leiden, train departure 14:57, I should arrive in Leiden at 16:37, I arrived at 17:20, if the train from Nijmegen to Utrecht is on time I manage to catch direct train from Utrecht to Leiden and I should arrive at 16:37
Reputatie 4
Badge
Your first case is obvious for me. NS should refund tour travel costs. I hope a moderator of this Forum will pick this up.

For your two travels Nijmegen - Leiden, you expect to have a quick connection in Utrecht, but this is not an official connection. It does not appear in the NS Travel Planner. In other words: if you manage to change trains in Utrecht very quickly, you are just lucky, but normally, to catch the 14.23 Utrecht-Leiden, you need to leave Nijmegen with the 13.12 service (direction Den Helder), not the 13h27 service (direction Schiphol). So both times, you were on time and not late.

When you check the Travel Planner you will notice that Nijmegen – Leiden is sometimes quicker via Schiphol. You are allowed to take this route when it is shown in the Travel Planner.
Thank you for your answer. I manage to change the connection when the train from Nijmegen to Utrecht is on time, but when it is late I do not manage and have to go via schiphol. In both cases I did not manage because the train was late in Utrecht and I had to travel via schiphol where additionally there were other delays and as a result I arrived more than 30 minutes late. I do not think it has anything with being lucky, it is simply if NS arrives at the promised schedule 🙂 Unfortunately, NS travel planner does not always show the best travel route
Reputatie 4
Badge
NS calculates that one needs 5 minutes to change trains in Utrecht, which is not too much. If you have to change from platform 5 to 19 in peak hours, you'll need that time.

I often travel between Leiden and Arnhem, so I know this connection very well. Only if the train from Nijmegen is early or the Leiden train does not depart on schedule, I manage to catch the Leiden train, running through the station.

The train from Nijmegen arrives at '22 and '52. The train to Leiden departs at '23 and '53. Obvious that NS does not consider this as an official connection.
Welkom to the NS Forum sikorka!

I can check in our system if your claims have been rejected properly or not. If not, I can lodge a complaint for you. Can you send me a private message with your name, postal code + housenumber, date of birth, claim number, card number, OV-chipcard number, phone number and the data of your travels the days of the delay? You can send me a private message by clicking on my username 'Annewil NS', on my profile you will find the option 'Stuur bericht'.

P.s. I moved your topic to the subcategory Geld terug bij vertraging and I deleted the claim numbers from your posts because of your privacy.
Sikorka, did you contact Annewil? If you want, you can give me the number of the claims. I will check them for you.
Yes I did contact her. 3 weeks ago she wrote she send my claims again, but so far I have not received any confirmation about this, do you have any idea how long might it take?
I received the claim numbers.
Claim 40973545: our records found a journey with a delay of 26 minutes. How exactly did you travel?
Claim 40973542: you were supposed to arrive at 15.25. You checked out at 15.38. That is a delay of less than 13 minutes.
Claim 40973539: you were supposed to arrive at 16.55. You checked out at 17.20. That is a delay of less than 25 minutes.
w op het forum.

Reacties: 3

1 maand geleden

on the 3rd of September I traveled from Leiden to Nijmegen, train departure 7:52, I should arrive in Nijmegen at 9:32, I arrived at 10:35 , the train from Utrecht to Nijmegen stood for a very long time in Driebergen Zeist, and in the end it did not go to Nijmegen but had final destination Arnhem, where I had to wait for another train to Nijmegen, as a result arrived 1 hour later in Nijmegen than I should had.
on the 16th of September I traveled from Nijmegen to Leiden, train departure 13:27, I should arrive in Leiden at 15:07, I arrived at 15:38, if the train from Nijmegen to Utrecht is on time I manage to catch direct train from Utrecht to Leiden and I should arrive at 15:07
on the 14th of September I traveled from Nijmegen to Leiden, train departure 14:57, I should arrive in Leiden at 16:37, I arrived at 17:20, if the train from Nijmegen to Utrecht is on time I manage to catch direct train from Utrecht to Leiden and I should arrive at 16:37

If you look at our Reisplanner, the best way to travel from Leiden to Nijmegen is indeed via Utrecht, but after Utrecht you transfer at Den Bosch. This means you do not go via Driebergen Zeist. This is why our records did not find a delay at Driebergen Zeist on September third. You chose to take a route different from what was advised.

If you take the train at 13.27, you would arrive at Leiden at 15.25, not 15.07. You'll arrive at 15.07 if you take the train at 13.12.
This is not correct, the best way is to travel via driebergen, both trains departue the same time and the one via driebergen has shorter travel time, why would i take the train with the the longer travel time? An ns planner also shows this conection...
In the first image, you will find the journey on September 16. It shows that if you take the train at 13.27, you will arrive at 15.25, not 15.07.
The second image shows the journey on September third.
I am sorry but this is ridiculous, the train via den bosch and via driebergen leaves at the same hour, but the train via driebergen is direct and goes faster, why does Ns planner suggest worst conection? Maybe team responsible for this should improve it? One way or another, I took correct conection and my train stood for a long time in driebergen as I explained earlier as a result I arrived 1 hour later in Nijmegen
The Reisplanner does not give the option via Driebergen Zeist. I have checked it, and there seems to be something strange:

- If you arrive at 08.34 at Utrecht, the Reisplanner tells you to take the train to Den Bosch at 08.38 from platform 15. However, at 08.38 a direct train to Nijmegen leaves from platform 14. I do not see why the Reisplanner does not give this option, and I have asked my colleagues to check this.

Because of this, I have now approved your claim. My apologies for the inconvenience.

Reageer