need help please!!!

• 4 december 2017
  • 13 reacties
  • 214 Bekeken

Reputatie 1
Rotterdam-Heindoven reise
icon

Beste antwoord door Erryt NS 4 december 2017, 14:46

Dear Michele in Rotterdam. Welcome to the NS serviceforum.

If you want to get a refund for this delay and the taxi costs, it is important that you send us a letter + the taxi receipt. My colleagues will make a considered decision about this delay. Don't forget to include your personal details and IBAN in this letter. You may send the letter to:

NS Klantenservice
Postbus 2372
3500 GJ Utrecht.
Bekijk origineel

13 reacties

Reputatie 1
Hi, on 25/11/17 I buy a ticket for Rotterdam-Eindoven Airport(Ns+Hermes). I buyed ticket to go and take plane to go back home. Anyway also if I arrived looong earlier all the reise was cancelled. I buy the ticket and few minutes later I saw the advise"delay"..so i wait. I wait and wait but the written "delay"was quick canged in "cancel". So I waited for the other one..but it seems that all lines/reisen was delete. None know why. I asked ti the info point talking with a kind madam that tell me there was no way to help me. She tell me I have to take a taxi and give to the taxi driver a number (5298006) in according with delay and deleted line I will be refound, She told me. Well 280 euro for taxi...just to try do not lose my flight. Please note that I arrived at the station and buy ticket at 14.45!!!really much much more before the time I needed to be in Eindoven (18.30)anyway it seems that no line could be taken and I spend SUCH A LOT OF MONEY!!!! ..please help me...
Dear Michele in Rotterdam. Welcome to the NS serviceforum.

If you want to get a refund for this delay and the taxi costs, it is important that you send us a letter + the taxi receipt. My colleagues will make a considered decision about this delay. Don't forget to include your personal details and IBAN in this letter. You may send the letter to:

NS Klantenservice
Postbus 2372
3500 GJ Utrecht.
Reputatie 1
You mean a paper letter?!sorry, is not possibile to send an email with photos attached? If you can send me an email adress I'm gonna do it just now!!! Thanks!!
We need the orginal taxi receipt. Sorry. And I cannot guarantee that you will receive a refund. normally we book the taxi so you don't have to pay for the journey and claim the money back. I also do not understand what kind of number you have received from my colleague.
Reputatie 1
I ask her to book the taxi for me, she take the phone and call someone (i do not undastand holland language at all so I don't who she calls). After phoning she tells me:go out,wait the taxi and give the taxi driver this number..
Reputatie 7
It appears you have taken the wrong taxi. The one that was ordered, with number 5298006, is a free one for you. If NS arranges a taxi, you never have to pay the taxi driver
Reputatie 1
I get out and when taxi arrive I tell everything to the driver. He says I had to pay and then ask for refound . He drive really quick to get me in time to the airport and just becouse of lucky i did not loose the flight.i was arrived in late ..that's why I'm asking help by mail.. so sending a letter is the only way?!
Reputatie 1
But If I take the wrong taxi why the taxi driver tell me it's ok come in you pay and later you will ask refound with the written number???
Reputatie 7
Sounds like the taxi driver purposely mislead you to make some money. If the NS arranges a taxi, the taxi driver will specifically look for you, the journey is already known in advance and by telling him the number, he will take you there without payment.
Reputatie 1
...damn..that not great.. you mean I spend all this money just for a not honest driver?!?!..well I came from Italy and I try to do my best to understand how to do without Reis also if I had already buy ticket.. so he fuck my money and he knows he was doing????...
Reputatie 1
Not such a good experience..280euro is such a LOT of money for me...This short travel costs me much more money than what I could..i really hoped that I could have refound..
Reputatie 1
The lady at the info point does not explain me all this..and sure she did not tell me I have to take a particular taxi..so how could I understand??
This a really unfortunate incident. Your out of pocket expenses were quite considerable, I read. I guess because of miscommunication the result was you not understanding you should not pay the costs of the taxi trip upfront. You possibly being unable to carefully think through your best course of action was probably exacerbated by the stress generated by your, presumably, hurry to catch your flight.

I actually never heard that these kind of requests have to be submitted by paper mail. It is a request because there is little legal merit to the position Dutch Railways has to refund you the money because of regulations, I suppose. So the process of you supposedly sending a letter in, is actually you applying for gifting of money of Dutch Railways (NS)to you. A gift to refund you the costs of the taxi journey, just to be nice to you. Or for reason of Dutch Railways to show you appreciation for its clientele.
Actually I am not sure if it is reasonable that Dutch Railways requires you to apply through paper mail. I have not perfectly understood the reasoning, if any, Erryt NS gave. It does not seem to me as though a copy of the invoice of the taxi trip provided electronically (through email) should be presumed to be more at risk of being inauthentic than a hardcopy attached, sent by paper mail. I mean, if Dutch Railways doubts the invoice is real, the way to verify this, is by contacting the taxi company. A paper invoice by paper mail could have been tampered with just as well, I hope I am not very mistaken saying this...

My suggestion would be to consider sending your request in by paper mail yourself (taking into account reasons we, fellow travelers and Dutch Railways do not know of (your opinion, what amount of effort you are willing to spend to be refunded etcetera)). Do so when you are okay with the costs of postal mail from I presume Italy to The Netherlands, how long you feel it is acceptable to wait for a reply, if you have thought it through to take into account the mail could get lost, etcetera.

Regardless of whether you send your request through paper mail, send your request through some other channel (as well).
See here: https://www.ns.nl/en/customer-service/contact

For example you can send in an electronic form to NS (long time waiting before you get a reply currently). Also you might use Facebook or Twitter, where Dutch Railways reply way more quickly when compared to the electronic form on the website.

Good luck!
I think it is not unheard of, of NS being generous (meaning here refunding you when legally not required to do so). Your chances of success are also not nearing 90%...

Hopefully you will visit the Netherlands again for a fun reason (a (short) holiday?) and will be reminded of how this works then. NS should (be held to) always arrange transport (taxi, buses) when there are unexpected disruptions. The company absorbs these costs when required, so you should never pay upfront!
Or well, pay upfront when you have the money and do not want the hassle and when you do not count on being compensated ;)

Almost forgot!

If you want you can recover some of money for the cab by asking Dutch Railways for a refund of the amount you paid for the train ticket. You are entitled to this, based on what I understand from what you said about the length of your delay.

Hopefully you are able to understand what this webpage says, how to apply for this!: https://www.ns.nl/en/customer-service/refunds/refunds-for-delays-on-a-domestic-route.html

Please do not hesitate to let me know how things worked out. I would love to hear! Either by posting in this topic or by sending me a private message.

Also, please do keep in mind there are longer periods of me being absent from this website.

Reageer