beantwoord

problems with getting money back after cancelled trains

• 27 januari 2020
  • 8 reacties
  • 280 Bekeken

I have had my train cancelled 3 times in a week.

The first time, I saw before I left the house, had to take a different route from a different train station. This new route was also delayed leading to me being over 30 minutes late.

So how can I claim money back?  The online form will not allow me to log down what train i wanted to catch. Only where I checked in and out. 

Today, my train was cancelled, i took the next recommended route but when changing trains, the train was so packed i could not physically get on it.

When I have asked for money back in the past, I  was denied it because I could have apparently taken a route which could have landed me at my destination sooner. In that case, I thought this was very unfair as I had literally taken the first available train after having problems getting the best possible route option from my phone. Why am I being penalised for not being able to access the ns routes fast enough??

So, how can i explain this time that I am over 30 minutes late because the train was too full to get on?

icon

Beste antwoord door Momo 27 januari 2020, 17:34

When your claim is rejected you can reply via e-mail explaining what happened, so which train you took or that the train was too full and you could not board. Than your claim will be reviewed by a person instead of the system.

Bekijk origineel

8 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +3

When your claim is rejected you can reply via e-mail explaining what happened, so which train you took or that the train was too full and you could not board. Than your claim will be reviewed by a person instead of the system.

I just tried and it won't even let me register the complaint because it only checks the train i took. It has no idea of my cancelled train and I cannot put that information in. Even putting in the time my train was supposed to leave doesn't help. The automated system just blocks me from making the claim.

Reputatie 7
Badge +3

To claim back money there are 2 ways, Request with MijnNS and Request without MijnNS.  I believe you can best enter such claims without MijnNS to bypass the automated system.

https://www.ns.nl/en/customer-service/refunds/refunds-for-delays-on-a-domestic-route.html

Reputatie 7
Badge +3

Just be prepared to wait. It currently takes over 2 months to process a claim without MijnNS.

Reputatie 7
Badge +3

You had a recent experience with it mrfreeze?

Reputatie 7
Badge +3

It's been more than a month since I filed a (simple) claim. Today I asked about the status and they answered I should receive it in a month.

Badge +3

Wonder how this will be handled?

Wat een waardeloze reisplanner-app @NS_online: van R'dam naar Den Bosch eerst advies via Breda maar die rijdt niet; dan 2 uur via Den Haag en Amsterdam. Blijkt dat er ook gewoon intercity met overstap in Utrecht in 1 uur en kwartier reis was geweest😡

Excuses go as far as:

Wat jammer dat de applicatie een ander reisadvies had gegeven. Excuses voor het ongemak! Als je hierdoor vertraging hebt opgelopen van minimaal 30 minuten kun je een Geld terug bij vertraging indienen: bit.ly/2htBHx0. Hopelijk ben je wel goed thuisgekomen!

Of course, there is a direct IC Dordrecht - Eindhoven/Venlo all the way via Amsterdam, but better go to Utrecht then and transfer there…

Nog lang niet thuis, we tikken nu station Bijlmer aan; die had ik niet zien aankomen toen ik uit 010 vertrok met de bedoeling via de snelste route naar Den Bosch te rijden😩

Could take ages if a (simple) claim already takes months :sweat:

Still amazed the NS can get away with all this. Leaving customers to waits months to get a bit of money back. Just horrible, their monopoly. Time that the government does something about it, but probably won’t because of politics and lobby involved.

Edited by Moderator: Inappropriate and offtopic.

Reageer