beantwoord

Refund possible?

• 19 januari 2019
  • 11 reacties
  • 195 Bekeken

I work at Hoofddorp and live at The Hague HS for which I have to change at Leiden. Since 17th Jan, there are no trains going to Schiphol and I had to take a bus from Leiden to Hoofddorp. I NS valley (off-peak hours) I was enrolled in Leiden at 16:30 and the amount of the journey from Leiden to The Hague HS was deducted, however, I started my journey from Hoofddorp at 15:30. I was not aware of the fact that I have to check in for the bus journey too. Is it possible to get the refund?
icon

Beste antwoord door gekke_henkie 19 januari 2019, 13:44

@raj mehta,

Which subscription do you have? Dal Voordeel (discount) or Dal Vrij (unlimited free travel when checking in off peak)?

With a Dal Vrij subscription you can try to get the paid amount back by contacting customer service. No guarantee given that you get a refund.

Next time: check in with NS when you start travelling with NS.
Bekijk origineel

11 reacties

Badge +3
It's a bit unclear to me what happened. You usually take a train from/to Hoofddorp to Den Haag HS (change in Leiden) but now only paid for Leiden - Den Haag HS (train)?

In that case the amount you paid will be less than the normal costs. The bus was free then, or did you take a regular bus (Arriva or Qliner, not the NS bus to Schiphol) from Leiden to Hoofddorp? If you did that (travel with Arriva bus) a refund is not possible.

If you took a train at 16:30, you travel in peak hours with no 40% discount. You should have checked in before 16:05 using the check in/out terminal at the NS bus in Hoofddorp, then checkout at the NS bus in Leiden and then enter the train station to continue to Den Haag HS.
Yes, so because of the maintenance work at schipol, I took the NS bus from Hoofddorp to Leiden and then train from leiden to Den Haag HS. The thing is when I came at Leiden it was already past 16:00 hrs so of course my balance was deducted for the train journey thereafter. So I am wondering if I can get tha refund? I hope its clear?
Thanks!
Badge +3
In this case, Hoofddorp (Headville City) - Den Haag HS in off peak hours, with 40% reduction because of Dal Voordeel is € 4,92

Leiden - Den Haag HS in peak hours (no reduction, full fare) is € 3,90.

So where is the refund you want?

If you took a train at 16:30, you travel in peak hours with no 40% discount. You should have checked in before 16:05 using the check in/out terminal at the NS bus in Hoofddorp, then checkout at the NS bus in Leiden and then enter the train station to continue to Den Haag HS.

I was not aware of this that I was supposed to checkin for the bus journey too. I started my journey well in advance with the intention of traveling in off-peak hours. But the bus was late and I was not aware too, which is why I got late and checked in.
Badge +3
You actually saved € 1,02 by not checking in for the bus, even though your check-in for the train in Leiden was in peak hours.
Thanks Robert for your prompt responses. I appreciate that. Have a nice weekend 🙂
@raj mehta,

Which subscription do you have? Dal Voordeel (discount) or Dal Vrij (unlimited free travel when checking in off peak)?

With a Dal Vrij subscription you can try to get the paid amount back by contacting customer service. No guarantee given that you get a refund.

Next time: check in with NS when you start travelling with NS.
I have Dal vrij subscription
Badge +3
Not sure why @herrie's answer is marked as best 🤔but that's ok with me.
@Robert B,

Probably because raj mehta should have travelled for free (had he checked in at Hoofddorp).
Badge +3
Ah, sharp @herrie I see Dal Vrij now, not Dal Voordeel.. Bummer! 🤕 so money back please!

The posting was NS valley (off-peak hours) so I assumed Dal Voordeel and not Vrij 😥

In that case, contact customer service as mentioned, for your € 3,20 refund.

Let us know how it went, please @raj mehta

Reageer