beantwoord

train delay and consequences on flight- taxi claim

• 26 August 2021
  • 4 reacties
  • 119 Bekeken

Hello NS team, 

I am writing because today we were trying to catch a train from Delft campus station to Schiphol airport. We reached the Delft campus station at 3:15pm and waited for trains till 3:55pm. Our flight was at 6:30pm and so we started calling NS to explain our situation and urgency to call a cab. But the NS did not pick up our call even after waiting for 15-20min.

Therefore, to avoid missing the flight we called an Uber and incurred some costs for the cab to reach the airport. We finally managed to reach the airport just in time, therefore avoiding bigger travel losses. 

We would kindly request NS to help compensate for our expenses in this situation. All the related proofs are attached with this post.

Thank you

icon

Beste antwoord door Thom 26 August 2021, 17:38

Therefore, to avoid missing the flight we called an Uber and incurred some costs for the cab to reach the airport. We finally managed to reach the airport just in time, therefore avoiding bigger travel losses. 

We would kindly request NS to help compensate for our expenses in this situation. All the related proofs are attached with this post.

Thank you.

There will be no compensation. You took the cab yourself, so you have to pay it bij yourself. The law in the Netherlands is that NS does not have to compensate for it and they will not  either. I am sorry to say but that ‘s how it works. You got your flight, but NS would also not have paid for it because you missed it.

You may try it by writing a letter, but I do not think it will make any difference.

NS Klantenservice

Postbus 2372

3500 GJ Utrecht 

Netherlands

Bekijk origineel

4 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +4

Thank you.

There will be no compensation. You took the cab yourself, so you have to pay it bij yourself. The law in the Netherlands is that NS does not have to compensate for it and they will not  either. I am sorry to say but that ‘s how it works. You got your flight, but NS would also not have paid for it because you missed it.

You may try it by writing a letter, but I do not think it will make any difference.

NS Klantenservice

Postbus 2372

3500 GJ Utrecht 

Netherlands

Reputatie 7
Badge +3

Useless claim. NS can legally not be held accountable for costs that occur as a result of delays.

You should contact your travel insurance to check whether you claim the money there. 

Reputatie 6
Badge

You can get the money back for the TRAInticket you may have bought. In practice this is only done if you have an IBAN bankaccount. NS and in fact any other public transport operator anywhere in the EU at least is not obliged to pay compensation for any expenses made because of that.

And indeed-thats why travel-insurance has been invented.

Hello rahulgrover18, welcome at our community,

I removed the images because they contain personal information that could be used for fraudulent purposes.

As stated, we do not reimburse any other expenses except for the cost of the train if you have to experience a delay of 30 minutes or more. Hopefully you can get back to your travel insurance for this.

Reageer