beantwoord

8001062939 Lost and Found Confusion

• 11 juni 2019
  • 4 reacties
  • 209 Bekeken

Hello and please pardon my English, I am still getting acquainted to Dutch. I will begin by applauding the initiative and usefulness of the NS community page. I have only begun to use it and had not had the time to skim through content, so I may be repeating some topic for which I apologize.
Last year I managed to drop my keys (all of them in one bunch) in the train. Ten minutes after leaving the train car I realized I missed them while trying to unlock my bike. Two minutes later I was at the NS office reporting it. I had a vague idea about which train car I had lost them in, but at least I knew the seat. NS personnel start making calls, an hour later I got my keys back. Problem solved in 75 minutes. Hats off NS folks!
This year, being in a rush and during morning rush hour, I manage to lose my back pack (with quite a number of items, some of them important, in it) as I placed it in the overhead luggage shelf. Twenty minutes after I realize that my back pack is missing and while I couldn't go back and report, I make a call immediately and gave all the details as they were quite clear: the first train car, the lower deck, first seat (single seat), the luggage shelf overhead. The station I got off (Amsterdam Zuid 08:21) was the second to last (Schiphol Airport). By the time I made the call, the train finished it's journey(Enschede to Schiphol Airport). The NS clerk on the phone confirms that the train is parked and that someone will be sent to check. I'm told to call an hour later for updates. This time I get a bit shut down, as the procedure means that nobody will check a parked train, but only before it gets going again. So I'm instructed to call the next day and check for updates. I called again after one day and nobody knew what train, where, what, why or who. The procedure was rigorously in place and all that clerks could do was check the data base and see if my name pops up. My passport was in my back pack so confirming identity would not be a problem.
I reported the loss on June 7th. I keep calling and I keep getting lost in the database. Nobody even knows if the train has been checked or at least if it got going again. Some say that I should file a report to the police, others that I should check iLost website, others say I should simply keep trying and that the train may still be parked. Not a word on whether the train has been definitely checked or not and nobody could find anything. If I am to report to the police, then I need to know for sure that NS exhausted all possibilities and that the loss is actually a theft. As I have seen, the fine people working at NS can solve things quickly if they have the info and this time I provided complete info on whereabouts and time and quick enough to maximize the chances of finding my lost backpack. I don't know what happened, but please help me understand what has NS done to find my backpack so I know what to do next.
I apologize for the lengthy post. Thank you!
icon

Beste antwoord door Emma NS 11 juni 2019, 20:29

Hi paul_b, welcome to our Community!

What an unfortunate situation is this. With all your important stuff in there too! It always *****, excuse me for my language, to loose something that important. It seems that you've done almost everything there is to do when in comes to losing stuff on the train... Will you send us a message on Facebook? Then I'll inform my colleagues you'll contact them. Please send the link from your topic with your message. I'll ask them to take another look at your case! Do you already have a case number? If yes, also send that one with your message.
Bekijk origineel

4 reacties

Hi paul_b, welcome to our Community!

What an unfortunate situation is this. With all your important stuff in there too! It always *****, excuse me for my language, to loose something that important. It seems that you've done almost everything there is to do when in comes to losing stuff on the train... Will you send us a message on Facebook? Then I'll inform my colleagues you'll contact them. Please send the link from your topic with your message. I'll ask them to take another look at your case! Do you already have a case number? If yes, also send that one with your message.
Thank you for the quick response and support, @Emma NS ! This post has been forwarded via Facebook with case number as you instructed.
Good, I already informed my colleagues!
Thank you, all, for all the support! I finally got my stuff back today minus my passport, but I knew the rules. I never got the e-mail announcing the send-off of my package so I left on a short vacation and therefore, postNL didn't find me at home and I got the pack a week later than I could have, but all is well that ends well. It is obvious that I should take 150% care of my belongings on the train and not rely on the already super busy NS personnel to watch for them, however it is good to know they are. I only wish fellow passengers wouldn't overcrowd the car exit 5 minutes before the train stops as confusion is easy to create in these circumstances and thus make everyone's life harder, for some more than for others. Thanks again and let's hope for safe and tidy travels!

Reageer