beantwoord

[English] Refund for Interscity Direct fine

• Op het juiste spoor
  • 0 reacties
Hi,

On 28 November, I received a fine for not paying the toeslag between Rotterdam CS and Schiphol. I was very sure that I paid the toeslag at the red pole outside of the train, but the conductor could not read it from his pocket-machine. I paid 10 euro fine and received a ticket, and I felt very embarrassed by the the episode and the treatment I received.
I checked my account at ov-chipcard.nl, which showed that I indeed paid the toeslag for that journey. I asked at the information desk in Schiphol and the ladies there told the same. The toeslag was paid and the fine was unjust.
I called the customers service, which told me that I was right and that the fine-ticket was cancelled. i would like to receive back the 10 euro I paid as a fine. However, the customer service could not help me via phone. The told me to explain my situation in the forum. Can you please help me?
If yes, I would be happy to provide you further details.

Kind regards,
Erlis
icon

Beste antwoord door Miriam NS 9 januari 2019, 16:44

I haven't received an answer from TS and hope this problem is solved. If you experience a same issue, please contact our Customer Service. You can do this by phone via 030 - 751 51 55 or via Facebook or Twitter.

Bekijk origineel

8 reacties

Dear Ici, welcome to our Community!

Please send me a private message with your details:

- Full name
- Zipcode and housenumber
- Date of birth
- OV-Chipcardnumer
- Fine number

You can send me a message when you click on my name followed by 'Stuur bericht'.
I'm still in contact with TS.
I'm waiting for a copy of the fine to find out what went wrong.
my partner paid toeslag at the red pole and NS ticket but accidentally took the red ICE train - and had to pay ticket and fine for taking this train. Is it possible to claim back the NS ticket with toeslag since she did not avail the train service of NS?
Reputatie 7
Badge +3
The ICE runs within the Netherlands under the responsibility of NS so I don't understand your request.
Tamzin schreef:

The ICE runs within the Netherlands under the responsibility of NS so I don't understand your request.

My mistake; the fine was for the red TGV train.
Badge +3
The red surcharge/surplus poles are for travel between Schiphol and Rotterdam over HSL (NS High Speed or IC direct).

You can find them from Amsterdam Centraal until Breda, in case you want to take an IC direct. The ICE (white and red trains) runs from Amsterdam Centraal via Utrecht and Arnhem towards Germany.

The red TGV is Thalys, for which reservation and an international ticket is necessary (no surcharge needed, of course). There is also no surcharge needed when taking the ICd across the border to Belgium (Brussels).
I haven't received an answer from TS and hope this problem is solved. If you experience a same issue, please contact our Customer Service. You can do this by phone via 030 - 751 51 55 or via Facebook or Twitter.

Reageer