beantwoord

How do I pay a fine?

I have to pay a fine and I have received a letter from NS completely in Dutch, a language I can't understand at all. I request assistance on this. I can see a bank number- NL61ABNA0603290671. But I am not sure if this is the account I have to deposit the money into, and what payment reference I must give along with it.

So I request you to please make this process easier for me. I have struggled enough already with the prospect of slashing almost 50 euros from my monthly budget for an honest mistake I made (of not realising my chipkaart had exhausted on the way back home on King's Day). The least you can do is make the process easier for me.
icon

Beste antwoord door Thijs NS 4 mei 2015, 09:14

Dhruvnb, welcome to our forum. You can pay the fine to this bank number (NL61ABNA0603290671) and in the description you can mention the 'kenmerk'-number (HXXXXXX) which you can find in the letter as well. I hope this info is sufficient for you, feel free to ask more questions about this.

Bekijk origineel

7 reacties

Reputatie 1
Badge
You could have made it for us, well-willing Dutch people wanting to help, MUCH easier by just mentioning in which country you live and waht type of bankaccount you have. This is a normal EUROpean common bank nr (the NL should say enough) and about anyone with a normal bankaccount anywhere in the EU should be able to use it for online payments, select of course EURO as valuta. Contact your own bank if this is all strange or abacadabra for you. Thats just 1 of the many things that European Union has organised.
BTW, assuming you likely are Brit: if we Dutch would have made an honest mistake/error and get fined by improper use of the Oyster card, we would also not receive any info in Dutch either, I guess.
Oh jawel, iedere EU-burger heeft het recht een tenlastelegging van een strafbaar feit te horen/lezen in een (Europese) taal die hij machtig is.

@TS
You have the right to ask for a translated version based on article 6.3 ECHR and article 14 ICCPR.

ECHR:

3. Everyone charged with a criminal offence has the following
minimum rights:
(a) to be informed promptly, in a language which he
understands and in detail, of the nature and cause of the
accusation against him;

http://www.echr.coe.int/Documents/Convention_ENG.pdf
I dont think a 'fine' from the NS is considered a 'Criminal offence' and therefor this article does not apply. Although it would be nice to have the information at least in English available.
It is a criminal offence, called a "strafbaar feit" in Dutch.
Dhruvnb, welcome to our forum. You can pay the fine to this bank number (NL61ABNA0603290671) and in the description you can mention the 'kenmerk'-number (HXXXXXX) which you can find in the letter as well. I hope this info is sufficient for you, feel free to ask more questions about this.
I'd like to know what is the account name of this account? I put the referrence no. of 4000 0000 72XX XXXX on the notes and account name of NSR-UVB. Is it fine?
NSR-UVB
Laan van Puntenburg 100
3511 ER, Utrecht
IBAN-code : NL 61 ABNA 0603290671
BIC-code: ABNANL2A

Please note: In the payment number you have to mention the fine-number!

Reageer