beantwoord

International customers cannot object to any NS fines imposed

• 20 januari 2015
  • 5 reacties
  • 205 Bekeken

Should you not speak Dutch, clicking "Contact" on the English language pages of ns.nl has no method of emailing customer service.

If you happen to be able to struggle through "Eva" because at that time, you are luckily near enough to a Dutch speaker who can help, the resulting first email says:-

Geachte heer/mevrouw,

Graag bevestigen wij de ontvangst van uw e-mail. We doen ons best om uw reactie zo snel mogelijk te beantwoorden.
Met vriendelijke groet,

Lieneke Bouma
Operationeel Manager Klantenservice

Dear Sir, Madam,
We have received your e-mail. We will do our best to respond to your enquiry as soon as possible.
Yours sincerely,
Lieneke Bouma
Operational Manager Customer Service

The bottom is in English! But don't worry - no further email replies will ever be in the language you understand because "Lieneke Bourma" turns out to be a computer program and cannot reply in other languages than Dutch.

So, should your son have been unlucky enough to drop his OV Chipkaart on the way home to Germany, get caught by a ticket inspector even though his pass gets subsequently handed in, and then receives a 39 euro fine through the post, there is no way this can be objected to or disputed. There is nobody who will deal with your case.
icon

Beste antwoord door Thijs NS 20 januari 2015, 18:00

I have to admit that out that the possibilities for non-Dutch speakers to contact the customer service are limited. I will register your comments on this.
Could you please send me a private message about the fine your son received? You can send me a private message by clicking on my username and then on 'stuur bericht'.
Bekijk origineel

5 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +4
A moderator here can deal with your case. They are here within some hours and may contact you. They may or may not cancel your fine.
With no information, NS would not be in a position to cancel any fine. My problem is that I have the information but there is nobody to inform.

Probably not a good way to run any business.
A moderator here can deal with your case. They are here within some hours and may contact you. They may or may not cancel your fine.

Yes Thom but when you click the NS page and select English language the page to direct you to this forum disappaers.

So how should English speaking people know about this forum ?

The easy solution is to translate the Customer Care page also in English.
Reputatie 7
Badge +4
I do agree with that but I am looking for a solution suitable for Scott.Hatton at this time. Help of a moderator is the most direct way now. With so many English speaking people there ought to be an English translation for most things concerning NS and it has to be easy to find.
I have to admit that out that the possibilities for non-Dutch speakers to contact the customer service are limited. I will register your comments on this.
Could you please send me a private message about the fine your son received? You can send me a private message by clicking on my username and then on 'stuur bericht'.

Reageer