beantwoord

Lost card

• 11 november 2019
  • 4 reacties
  • 81 Bekeken

Hi all, 

An unfortunate incident happened to me today. I lost my card holder (with all important cards) today (11/11/19) in the  07:32 train from Den Bosch to Nijmegen Dukenburg.(Arnhem Centraal direction). 

Apparently the card holder was lying on the train floor when I got down at Nijmegen Dukenburg. Someone was kind enough to grab the card holder and even tried to give it to me. But unfortunately the doors already closed and the train left. I already registered a complaint with NS. 

Any suggestions/solutions/contact numbers are really appreciated. 

icon

Beste antwoord door Stijn NS 11 november 2019, 12:04

Good afternoon Sreepriya and welcome to the NS Community!

I’m sorry to read that you've lost your card holder with a number of different cards. Your best option is to contact our lost and found department as soon as possible (030-7515155 option 4-1), to ask if your card holder may have been handed off to a service desk at a station. If the card holder masks what type of cards are included, there’s a chance you can still retrieve the full card holder with all cards.

The reason why I’m specifying this is because we've recently changed the way how we handle found OV-chipcards. Previously, we would register these in our Lost and Found system, but this won't happen any more. Found OV-chipcards will be sent to the producer, the OV-Chipcard company, who will destroy them.This is in line with our procedure for ID cards and passports. If any of these are noticed in the lost item, they will be handled according to these procedures.

Bekijk origineel

4 reacties

Good afternoon Sreepriya and welcome to the NS Community!

I’m sorry to read that you've lost your card holder with a number of different cards. Your best option is to contact our lost and found department as soon as possible (030-7515155 option 4-1), to ask if your card holder may have been handed off to a service desk at a station. If the card holder masks what type of cards are included, there’s a chance you can still retrieve the full card holder with all cards.

The reason why I’m specifying this is because we've recently changed the way how we handle found OV-chipcards. Previously, we would register these in our Lost and Found system, but this won't happen any more. Found OV-chipcards will be sent to the producer, the OV-Chipcard company, who will destroy them.This is in line with our procedure for ID cards and passports. If any of these are noticed in the lost item, they will be handled according to these procedures.

Thank you for your response. I have already logged a complaint at lost and found department providing all necessary details. 

Hi Stijn,

Looks like they’ve found my lost item and I just have to go and collect it from them. Thank you so much for the information :-)

That's great to read! Thanks for letting us know, Sreepriya!

Reageer