Pathetic intercity direct trains

Good morning, here we go again
All IC direct to schiphol cancelled again
Now in the horrible intercity taking almost an hour to cover not even 50 km, will miss my plane of course unless it is delayed (easyJet being the only company I know as disastrous as the NS I may have a chance here...)
Can someone from the NS explain me how it is possible that you guys cannot get a train to run several days in a row on such a short track
I could eventually accept it from a third world country but really some people of the NS should be fired per direct for not being able to get this thing to work
I cannot recal a week without trains cancelled
What on earth is wrong with you guys???

49 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +3

I could eventually accept it from a third world country but really some people of the NS should be fired per direct for not being able to get this thing to work

Who told you the Netherlands is not a third world country? :@

To be seriously, the current trains NS is using are not very suited for HSL-lines and NS doesn't have the money to buy new ones before 2020.
"No money to buy new ones before 2020"
Sounds like third world country problem indeed
We are talking about managing to run a train for half an hour at 160 km/h...
Spain or France have TGV running hundreds of km distance at over 300km/h in an almost flawless way
It is absurd that a country relying so much on public transport as the Netherlands is totally unable to get this to work
Looking forward for an official reply from NS here
Reputatie 6
Badge
The thing indeed is NS uses trains not suited for the section. Also, I disagree with you on the Netherlands not being a third world country. Try to do some shopping in the Amsterdam district ''Bijlmer ArenA'', and your thoughts will change.
Reputatie 7
Badge

What on earth is wrong with you guys???

you are from Amerika right?
No I am not from "amerika"
I do not see why it would be relevant anyhow. Do you have any more constructive comment?
Reputatie 7
Badge
No.
Thanks for your great contribution Trein-NS.
Reputatie 6
Badge
Please note Trein-NS. is not working for NS, may you be thinking that.
Reputatie 7
Badge
Thanks for your great contribution Trein-NS.

At your service.
Reputatie 7
Badge
Please note Trein-NS. is not working for NS, may you be thinking that.

Als het goed is word NS binnenkort uit mijn naam gehaald door de moderators.
Keep practicing, you may become funny at a point Trein-NS
Reputatie 5
Just ignore him, he's only replying to get a nice high number behind his Reacties: ...

But seriously, I would never take a train to Schiphol. Too many disruptions of all kinds.
We always take an airport-taxi, it's more expensive, but so far we never ever missed a flight ... there are less traffic-jams than rail-problems it seems.
Reputatie 6
Badge
Also an option is to take bus 300 from Haarlem to Schiphol and avoid the IC Direct.
Reputatie 2
Trein-NS made me laugh just now. And I never laugh about his remarks. So he must have been funny this time.
Relax @Joss, trains are the only things that are not working in this country. The rest is perfect, including ourselves. ?
Reputatie 3
About 80% of the IC direct trains has no delay,

That is a higher percentage than in France of Spain. Ask the people there during the annual strikes.

Moreover, not all trains are cancelled, and the maximum delay to Schiphol is just 30 minutes. If you miss your flight due to 30 minutes delay, you have probably made a mistake with your planning?

To fire employees is an American solution, or no solution at all.

Please, be a little more polite, don't behave so Trumpish.
Reputatie 3
And you can ask for money refund.
Reputatie 7
Badge

To fire employees is an American solution, or no solution at all.

Please, be a little more polite, don't behave so Trumpish.

I agree. 😃
Reputatie 7
Badge +3
@Trein-NS
Ik zie niet in waarom je incompetente medewerkers niet zou mogen ontslaan. Dat doet ieder normaal bedrijf aangezien bedrijven geen liefdadigheidsinstellingen zijn.
@kukkie
You may want to check your facts

I am French and lived 21 years in France so I think I know better than you what is performance of the french trains
Official numbers on SNCF.com
> intercity 7 out of 8 trains on time in may 2017 (total 7509 trains), this is 87,5%
This morning 1h30 to do rotterdam to schiphol instead of 26 min. I think counting on 200% of the normal schedule is reasonable margin. 300% or more is ridiculous. Shall I leave a day before my flight and sleep at hotel to arrive on time for a 50 kilometer distance?
Fire incompetent people is not ok? So you are fine having to deal with incompetent people? Is keeping them going to improve something?
Do not dare to called me trumpist, you have no idea what you are talking about
I would be interested to know where I have been impolite as well. I am not offensive, just share my opinion.

Also when your train is cancelled it is not considered as late so no refund. This is why when IC is late until 14min they do not cancel it but when it is 15 min they do. Just to not pay refund to people.

I totally love your country but I think it is acceptable to say few things are really below standards here and Intercity direct is one of them without getting bashed or called a trumpist
Reputatie 6
Badge
Misschien omdat de media je dan in een slecht daglicht zet, waardoor je weer verantwoording moet gaan afleggen en de hoge lui bij NS hebben daar nu eenmaal geen talent voor.
Reputatie 7
Badge
@Trein-NS
Ik zie niet in waarom je incompetente medewerkers niet zou mogen ontslaan.

Hoor je mij dat zeggen dan? Ik reageerde gewoon op kukkie.
Reputatie 6
Badge
''To fire employees is an American solution, or no solution at all.

Please, be a little more polite, don't behave so Trumpish.''

''I agree.''

I agree betekent dat je het met iemand eens bent, en in jouw geval dus eens met kukkie, die aangeeft dat ontslag geen oplossing is. Dus eigenlijk zeg je dat wel.
Reputatie 7
Badge
''To fire employees is an American solution, or no solution at all.

Please, be a little more polite, don't behave so Trumpish.''

''I agree.''

I agree betekent dat je het met iemand eens bent, en in jouw geval dus eens met kukkie, die aangeeft dat ontslag geen oplossing is. Dus eigenlijk zeg je dat wel.

Voor mensen die gewoon hun werk doen vind ik dat ontslag geen oplossing is nee, zo bedoel ik het.
Reputatie 7
Badge +3
Je kunt best je werk doen maar incompetent zijn waardoor je blunder op blunder stapelt. In dat geval gaat een normaal bedrijf echt niet met zo'n medewerker verder. Je wordt betaald om te presteren, niet om aanwezig te zijn.
Welcome on our Serviceforum Jossrotterdam. I'm glad you found us so we can discuss this problem. I really would like that discusion to be decent and constructive. That is the only way we can help one another.

First let me say i understand the frustration. The Intercity Direct (ICD) is a line with to many malfunctions, especially in compare to the rest of our trains. The anger about that is justly. The ICD is complicated because of the different power networks. Unfortunately we (NS) don't have a lot influence on this, because we don't own the tracks, only the trains. The problem that took place today was also out of our range. There a less malfunctions then last year, but still it is a problem with unpleasant consequences for those who travel with ICD.

That being said; when you have to catch a flight always plan some extra time. The tracks and trains are always susceptive due to malfunction, the weather or accidents.

To other forumusers i would kindly ask to stay on-topic and write in English.

Reageer