The dispatch timing of trains.

• 28 april 2021
  • 3 reacties
  • 100 Bekeken

• Op het juiste spoor
  • 1 reactie

Hi,

This is the background: 

1, My route is from Nieuwerkerk aan den IJssel to Voorburg.

2, In the corona time period, I believe we still are in this period, the trains reduced to every 30 minutes instead of every 15 minutes.

When NS cancels several trains in rush hour, logically, the next available train will be crowded. 

The question is: Why NS still use short length trains in this situation?

Why do I ask: I miss the connection train(2 minutes transfer time) because of stairs full of people. The second reason is the train is also full of people.

Kind regards,

Baha

icon

Beste antwoord door Laura NS 28 april 2021, 11:41

Hi Baha, welcome to our NS Community.

I'm sorry to read that you've experienced this inconvenience traveling on your route.

Actually, we don't advice the 2 minute transfer. We need transfer times to be at least 3 minutes. You can see the advice we give here. I understand that 2 minutes is a close call for a transfer, especially if you're dealing with other travelers.

Today (and for the rest of the week until saturday) there was alot of interference because ProRail was on strike. Next week I see alot of options for you, see them here.

Bekijk origineel

3 reacties

Hi Baha, welcome to our NS Community.

I'm sorry to read that you've experienced this inconvenience traveling on your route.

Actually, we don't advice the 2 minute transfer. We need transfer times to be at least 3 minutes. You can see the advice we give here. I understand that 2 minutes is a close call for a transfer, especially if you're dealing with other travelers.

Today (and for the rest of the week until saturday) there was alot of interference because ProRail was on strike. Next week I see alot of options for you, see them here.

Hi, 

I didn’t choose the answer. 

I thought this wasn’t the answer and I was waiting for someone else to answer. 

The question was: Why NS uses short trains in general when it’s rush hour.

Kind regards,

Baha

I did choose the answer, Baha. Unfortunately, it is not always possible to use longer trains.During rush hour, it is sometimes difficult to determine where we can best deploy our equipment. You can find out which trains are often busy via our journey planner. If we recognize that this is a structural problem then we will look to deploy longer trains. It is therefore also important to report congestion via our app.

Reageer