beantwoord

Ticket validity - any time?

• 9 februari 2018
  • 2 reacties
  • 149 Bekeken

• Anonymous
  • 0 reacties
Hello,
I have to travel from Amsterdam to Nijmegen and back. I see the travel options by train are all at the same price: can I travel on any train once I buy the ticket, or is it bound to a specific departure time?
Can I buy the ticket at the airport or is it better to do it online?
Thanks
icon

Beste antwoord door Slidestops 9 februari 2018, 12:58

There is no reservation for Dutch national trains and there is no specific departure time*. If you buy a ticket, the ticket is valid for that day, on every train. (of course you can only use it once)

If you buy an off-peak ticket, make sure you take trains off-peak. The peak hours are from 06.30 - 09.00 and 16.00 - 18.30

There is a big ticket office @ Schiphol, and there are a lot of ticket machines.

*= If you take international trains within the Netherlands, with a reservation, there is a given departure time. From Schiphol to Nijmegen there are no international trains running, so you will not encounter them
Bekijk origineel

2 reacties

Reputatie 7
There is no reservation for Dutch national trains and there is no specific departure time*. If you buy a ticket, the ticket is valid for that day, on every train. (of course you can only use it once)

If you buy an off-peak ticket, make sure you take trains off-peak. The peak hours are from 06.30 - 09.00 and 16.00 - 18.30

There is a big ticket office @ Schiphol, and there are a lot of ticket machines.

*= If you take international trains within the Netherlands, with a reservation, there is a given departure time. From Schiphol to Nijmegen there are no international trains running, so you will not encounter them
you can buy a ticket at the airport, using cash (or maybe creditcard). The price is the same. I would advise to take a direct train from the Airport (Schiphol) to Nijmegen {so don;t go to Amsterdam Centraal first}

Reageer