beantwoord

Undfriendly conductor

• 26 september 2014
  • 1 reactie
  • 339 Bekeken

• Anonymous
  • 0 reacties
I spent most of my days on trams and trains in the Netherlands for work.

I met many conducteurs passing by. Many are diligent ones, kind ones, and strict ones.
And of course many are lazy checking out and better be in the comfy little conducteur room and lock themselves there until the train stop in the next city.
Many too, are unfriendly.

To unfriendly conducteurs, when a passenger totally forgot to check in, just do your job right and be friendly.
It was annoying to see conduteurs who were too chatty and interviewed the passenger who forgot to check in like a criminal.
Especially when getting their information in, in front of other passengers and read out loud their names, postcodes and addresses.

Usually, the conducteurs waited until the train stops and interviewed the passenger outside the train or in the hall of the train.
But not this one, while opening the id card/passport ( like an unworthy book ), he said out loud the origin country,asking the family name out loud, asking postcode out loud, everything out loud. And the conducteur said sorry that they have to pay, etc, etc all in out loud. Out loud out loud while the passenger had to pay. I found this happening very unfriendly. The passenger, she realized that she was wrong (forgot to check out in a few hours and back thought it was a check in to the next train) She was a polite person.
Unfair to have a bad treatment from the conducteur.

Should you did it that way to one nice passenger? Kindly talk less, you have your black machine in your hand, make everything practical and friendly for everyone!
icon

Beste antwoord door Susan NS 26 september 2014, 08:57

Dear marcotte, Welcome to the NS Service Forum. Thanks for sharing your experiences about my colleagues in the train. I am sorry that your experiences are so divergent. Our conductor has many responsibilities, including checking of tickets, the departure procedure and providing services to our travelers. If a traveler doesn't have a valid ticket, the conducteur estimate the conductor to determine whether he or she is launching a fine, or not.

Of course I do not now what exactly happened in this situation, but it is not the intention to make our travelers feel like 'criminal'. I am sorry that this this way has come on you. I think it was not the intention of the conductor to be impolite, but it's good that you share your feedback with us. I hope your next experience in our trains is better, I will pass your feedback about this journey through.

I have changed the name of this topic and I moved this topic to 'In the train' to increase the findability of this topic.
Bekijk origineel

1 reactie

Dear marcotte, Welcome to the NS Service Forum. Thanks for sharing your experiences about my colleagues in the train. I am sorry that your experiences are so divergent. Our conductor has many responsibilities, including checking of tickets, the departure procedure and providing services to our travelers. If a traveler doesn't have a valid ticket, the conducteur estimate the conductor to determine whether he or she is launching a fine, or not.

Of course I do not now what exactly happened in this situation, but it is not the intention to make our travelers feel like 'criminal'. I am sorry that this this way has come on you. I think it was not the intention of the conductor to be impolite, but it's good that you share your feedback with us. I hope your next experience in our trains is better, I will pass your feedback about this journey through.

I have changed the name of this topic and I moved this topic to 'In the train' to increase the findability of this topic.

Reageer