beantwoord

Unfair deferred payment fine

• 14 oktober 2014
  • 2 reacties
  • 301 Bekeken

Hi,

I travelled yesterday (14-10-2014) to Maastricht from Eindhoven to attend the TEDx conference.
I could check in at the Eindhoven station, but I could NOT check out at Maastricht (i'm not quite sure why, but I think it was because I had to reload the card).
I attended the conference and I took the return train to Maastricht at 19h (I have weekend vrij).
I went to the station and I loaded my card with money and then I checked in at the station and got on the train.
When the ticket checker came, I showed my card and the machine displayed that I had checked out rather than checking in!!
I tried to explain what happened to the ticket checker, but I was treated rudely and I was made to feel like I was travelling without a ticket. I then received a fine for 35eur + the ticket fare between Maastricht to Eindhoven!.
The number on the fine card is H 033656.

Could you kindly look into this? I had a really nice day at the TED event, but it was ruined due to this experience. I am willing to pay the fine if it can be shown to be my mistake. But since the machine let me check in at Eindhoven, I do not see how can I be held responsible?!.

Thank you.

Kind Regards,
Nitin Bhushan
icon

Beste antwoord door Herman NS 15 oktober 2014, 08:42

Hello Nitin,

If our ticket controller can't find a checkin, they will give you a fine.

Can you send me a private message with your address, name, and date of birth? After I have received your private message, I will look into it.
I have placed your topic in our forum 'in de trein' so other forum users can find your topic as well.

Kind regards,
Herman NS
Bekijk origineel

2 reacties

Hello Nitin,

If our ticket controller can't find a checkin, they will give you a fine.

Can you send me a private message with your address, name, and date of birth? After I have received your private message, I will look into it.
I have placed your topic in our forum 'in de trein' so other forum users can find your topic as well.

Kind regards,
Herman NS
Reputatie 1
Welcome to the customer unfriendly NS. There are lots and lots of the same complaints but the NS is treating their customers as part of the OV-chip system instead of the other way around.
OV-chip comes first, the customer is not important anymaore. Ofcourse the NS is saying otherwise but those remarks are just marketing tricks 😞

Reageer