beantwoord

Dalvrij pass to Aachen

• 20 mei 2019
  • 6 reacties
  • 234 Bekeken

Hi,
My friend said that with a Dal vrij or Dal vrij Flex pass I can commute to Aachen, Germany for free (outside peak hours) but the nsinternation.nl site doesn't agree. So can I?
Tnx
icon

Beste antwoord door Stijn NS 20 mei 2019, 17:57

Good afternoon siamackbm and welcome to the NS Community!

As Tamzin has already mentioned, this is indeed possible if you're making this route with an Arriva train. Until 09.12.2018, the train route between Heerlen and Herzogenrath was provided by the Deutsche Bahn. Since that date, it has been taken over by Arriva and prolonged to Aachen Hbf.

This means that the service on this route is now provided by a Dutch railway company, which also means that products that are valid in the Netherlands can be used to travel to the stations on this route. On the three stations Herzogenrath, Aachen West and Aachen Hbf, you will now find Arriva scanners where you can check in and out with your OV-chipcard. Any discount products that are valid in the Netherlands will also be valid to these locations.

I do wonder where on our NS International website you found that this is not the case. Could you elaborate on that?
Bekijk origineel

6 reacties

Reputatie 6
Badge
I am affraid, NS International didn't update their system to/from Aachen. They still charge, as they used to do in the past during the DB era. Now it should be free of charge in case of 100% vrij.

I'm wondering how long it will take to update the change in the system: months or even years....
Thank you Tamzin, Stijn, and tridek. It's now clear.
As tridek pointed out nsinternational.nl showed me 4.60 with 100% local discount. I didn't know some trains could be excluded.
Reputatie 7
Badge +3

I do wonder where on our NS International website you found that this is not the case. Could you elaborate on that?If you search on the ns international website for s ticket from eg. Maastricht to Aachen with 100% discount in NL selected it says the ticket will cost you € 4.60

The trip with Arriva is treated as a domestic trip not an international trip.
I do wonder where on our NS International website you found that this is not the case. Could you elaborate on that?

If you search on the ns international website for s ticket from eg. Maastricht to Aachen with 100% discount in NL selected it says the ticket will cost you € 4.60
Good afternoon siamackbm and welcome to the NS Community!

As Tamzin has already mentioned, this is indeed possible if you're making this route with an Arriva train. Until 09.12.2018, the train route between Heerlen and Herzogenrath was provided by the Deutsche Bahn. Since that date, it has been taken over by Arriva and prolonged to Aachen Hbf.

This means that the service on this route is now provided by a Dutch railway company, which also means that products that are valid in the Netherlands can be used to travel to the stations on this route. On the three stations Herzogenrath, Aachen West and Aachen Hbf, you will now find Arriva scanners where you can check in and out with your OV-chipcard. Any discount products that are valid in the Netherlands will also be valid to these locations.

Reputatie 7
Badge +3
Only when you travel by an Arriva-train from Heerlen to Aachen, not if you use any other train.

Reageer