beantwoord

Do I need a ticket from Noorderkempen to Breda?

• 31 July 2021
  • 4 reacties
  • 179 Bekeken

Hello,

I have the ns flex weekend subscription.

I bought a ticket from Brussels to Noorderkempen, which is the last stop in Belgium.

Is it possible to check in at Norden kempen with my ov chip car or do I have to buy an additional ticket from Noorderkempen to Breda? 

icon

Beste antwoord door Robert B 31 July 2021, 13:55

Bekijk origineel

4 reacties

Badge +3

Welcome to the NS Community!

You cannot use your ov-chipcard at Noorderkempen. Either buy a ticket to Breda (at a machine), this will cost € 10,40.

Or buy an international ticket via NS International or NMBS, where you can specify that you have 100% (or 40% off-peak for weekdays) discount in the Netherlands. It then costs € 5,80 via NS International (weekend), or € 6,80 via NMBS (€1 surcharge for any ticket).

If you buy it from Noorderkempen to your destination, you don’t have to use your ov-chip card and can continue from Breda onwards without having to leave the train to check in.

Reputatie 6
Badge +1

It all also depends on WHAT kind of subscription/season you may have on your chipcard and how far in NL you wish to travel. IF the part in NL is covered, the fare is 5 eur NKp-border.

IF you do this trip more often and IF you donot mind the extra time: the Connexxion bus 19 runs also Antwerpen (NOT at the station!)- Breda and now offers a 10ride ticket for just 15 eur which you can also use on most other Connexxion buses in NlLuntill 31/12. You need a PERsonal chipcard for that=with your foto and name on it

The B-rail makes the short section NKemp-BOrder quite expensive and checks on having all the right tickets is rather intense on this route. There is a special site with more detail about cross border travel with chipcards-and if these are better done with other ticketing!

Badge +3

It all also depends on WHAT kind of subscription/season you may have on your chipcard and how far in NL you wish to travel. IF the part in NL is covered, the fare is 5 eur NKp-border.

I assumed Weekend Vrij (100% discount in NL)

The B-rail makes the short section NKemp-BOrder quite expensive and checks on having all the right tickets is rather intense on this route. There is a special site with more detail about cross border travel with chipcards-and if these are better done with other ticketing!

What is the B-rail and where is that special site about cross-border traffic with an ov-chip card?

Reputatie 6
Badge +2

Er is https://www.grenstreinbus.be en https://www.connexxion.nl/nl/shop/ovchipcardproduct/5733.

Reageer