beantwoord

does weekend free card inclued the international trip

• 27 juli 2021
  • 2 reacties
  • 66 Bekeken

Hi

I have a weekend free card 

Now I would like to go to brussel on weekend

Is there free for me to go to brussel or have a discount with my card?

icon

Beste antwoord door Thom 27 juli 2021, 10:43

It is not valid to Brussels, but until the frontier. You can buy an international ticket toBrussels with 100 percent reduction in the Netherlands. You do need to pay for the Belgian part. It is stll quite a difference. Tickets can be obtained at the site of NS international. NMBS, the Belgian Railways, may offer cheaper alternatives. It is more complicated. Thalys or Eurostar trains are not allowed. 

Bekijk origineel

2 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +4

It is not valid to Brussels, but until the frontier. You can buy an international ticket toBrussels with 100 percent reduction in the Netherlands. You do need to pay for the Belgian part. It is stll quite a difference. Tickets can be obtained at the site of NS international. NMBS, the Belgian Railways, may offer cheaper alternatives. It is more complicated. Thalys or Eurostar trains are not allowed. 

Reputatie 6
Badge

In INTernational traffic every country sets its own fares/prices/discounts and these are only valid in THAT country. The border=frontier is a kind of imaginary station without stop.

NMBS=Belgian rail offers discounts for junior<26 and senior>65 but ONLY for domestic trips=not till borderpoint. there is also a weekendreturn for everyone. =cost the same as single +2,50)

IF you book at least 7 days advance there are also lower advance fares and in fact these can even be cheaper as the full fare ticket for only Belgium.

IF it runs and if you start f.e. from AMSterdam the FLIXbus can be even cheaper and is often just as fast.

Reageer