beantwoord

E ticket users

• 1 juni 2019
  • 5 reacties
  • 283 Bekeken

Hello contact of NS, good day,
I am Taiwanese traveler and brought e-tickets from Schipol airport to Arnhem, and my plan is link Arnhem to Düsseldorf by VRR, but I found the latest information that has no IC or ICE through during weekend(29/6/2019), and I want to change my plan to travel from Schipol to Venlo and next are going to Düsseldorf by VRR....of course I have to pay for new tickets.
so I want to know could I able to get the information from you....may I buying the e-tickets from Arnhem to Venlo to cover whole trip? But actually is pick up the train from Schipol airport to Venlo through the direct train? Please help me to clarify it.
many thanks for your help
thank you very much.
Eliena Lin
icon

Beste antwoord door Jouke NS 4 juni 2019, 13:40

Hello train frame change and welcome to the NS Community.

First of all, I'd like to apologize for our late response. Because of some unknown reason your post went straight into our spam folder, which is not where it should go. It is possible to buy E-tickets for a whole journey when a part of the journey is in the Netherlands. Just fill in your actual departure station when ordering the tickets on the NS International website. If in any doubt contact the Customer Service by phone, Social Media or Chat for help. They will be eager to help you.
Bekijk origineel

5 reacties

Hello train frame change and welcome to the NS Community.

First of all, I'd like to apologize for our late response. Because of some unknown reason your post went straight into our spam folder, which is not where it should go. It is possible to buy E-tickets for a whole journey when a part of the journey is in the Netherlands. Just fill in your actual departure station when ordering the tickets on the NS International website. If in any doubt contact the Customer Service by phone, Social Media or Chat for help. They will be eager to help you.
Badge +3
The problem is that the tickets from Schiphol to Arnhem are not valid to travel to Venlo. I suppose that in this exceptional case the tickets can be refunded. That's for the NS Customer Service to decide.

A ticket from Schiphol to Düsseldorf via Venlo will cost €39,50. There's a connection every hour from Schiphol at -48 past the hour. You don't have to buy this ticket in advance. It's available from the ticket machines at Schiphol Airport.
Reputatie 3
@I-mark: na wat uitproberen bleek tot mijn eigen stomme verbazing dat tickets specifiek naar DUSseldorf NIET meer via welke NS-automaat dan ook te koop zijn, zelfs niet langs de lijn Eindhoven-Venlo. Je kan enkel nog kiezen via Arnhem en dan of je per dure ICE of iets goedkopere ABELLIO wil. Naar andere stations tot voor DUS is het nog wel mogelijk, voor erna (bvb Wuppertal-Hagen-niet geprobeerd).
For train frame from TRT/Taiwan: you must use the special site of NS-internationaal to buy these tickets. OR you can use bahn.de/en (german railways).
On bahn.de you can also opt for the faster (and that day also rerouted) ICE train (intercity express), the fare may be lower but you are tied to the specific train listed on the ticket, from Airport take any train to utrecht and change there-not go via Amsterdam C.
As i-mark has said, there are domestic Ic-trains Schiphol-Venlo every 30 mins, from there hourly german trains (eurobahn) to Dusseldorf and on. You can buy slightly cheaper tickets for Venlo-Dusseldorf (cost the same as from Arnhem) on the GREY DB-machine in the hall of Venlo, but due to very short transit-time (5 mins with walk via tunnel too), you usually have to wait till next train.
We always say here its unwise to order e-tickets for NS that early-as they are non-exhangeable, and there is also no price-advantage. If you cannot get any refund, just buy Utrecht-Venlo extra, as to Arnhem its also via Utrecht anyway. You can go by train Arnhem-Nijmegen-venlo, but that adds a very long time to the whole trip and wont save very much compared to via Utrecht only.
Reputatie 1
Tickets from Venlo to Dusseldorf are available at the ticket machines in Venlo. Those are available at both the NS ticket machines as well as on DB(Bahn/VRR/NRW tarifs) machines (the DB machines are located on the right side of the Kiosk in the main hall, while the NS machines are located between the ticket office and the bookshop). The rates for Arnhem-Dusseldorf and Venlo-Dusseldorf vary, although the german ticket machines on both stations offer a ticket, SchoneFahrtTicket, that allows you to travel to Dusseldorf for a flat-out rate of 19,90. However, these are NOT valid on the ICE International service. The regular prices from Arnhem are a little bit more expensive, from Venlo they might be cheaper (I usually use a day/return ticket Venlo-Dusseldorf that costs me 12,80, however this is only available for well-seasoned travellers).

Getting e-tickets in advance saves you only 1 euro, but restrict you to that journey as they are non-refundable. You can also download the NS reisplanner app. You can also use that to buy tickets and use your phone as the carrier for the ticket, rather than a print-out. This will also save you the single euro you do pay while buying tickets at the ticket machine.

One thing you do have to be careful of is what method you use for paying at the ticket machines. Machines in The Netherlands generally dont allow the use of credit cards, only debit cards like Maestro and V-pay. The german ticket machines at Arnhem and Venlo, and the NS ticket machines as Schiphol, do accept Visa and Mastercard credit cards.

There are direct trains from Schiphol to both Arnhem and Venlo.
At h:18 every hours leaves a train to Venlo and that train gives you about 30 minutes transfer time at Venlo, which is enough time to buy a seperate ticket for Germany at the machines there. The train leaving at h:48 from Schiphol to Venlo only gives you a few minutes of transfer time at Venlo to the train to Germany. If you have suitcases it's hard to make this connection, especially since you won't have time to buy a ticket at Venlo. However I would suggest just taking the first of these trains to Venlo if you do decide to travel via Venlo.
The trains to Arnhem leave at h:00 and h:30 from Schiphol Airport. These give you either 30 or 60 minutes transfer time, which is more than enough time to get a ticket to Germany.
Reputatie 5
[...] One thing you do have to be careful of is what method you use for paying at the ticket machines. Machines in The Netherlands generally dont allow the use of credit cards, only debit cards like Maestro and V-pay. [...]

Please note that NS ticket machines now accept credit cards.

Reageer