beantwoord

Travel to Luxembourg

• 20 maart 2021
  • 6 reacties
  • 209 Bekeken

• Op het juiste spoor
  • 2 reacties

Hi travellers!

I want to travel to Luxembourg by train from Rotterdam. On Luxembourg's government website is mentioned that the rule of a negative PCR-test doesn't apply when traveling by land or sea. https://covid19.public.lu/en/travellers/luxembourgers-abroad.html

Did anyone travel recently and have more information about it? Traveling by land includes traveling by train? It seems very weird to me a PCR-test not be needed.

Thank you for your time.

icon

Beste antwoord door bahnrider 20 maart 2021, 12:47

As you most likely will know, you have to cross Belgium (or perhaps with a detour Germany) to reach home. THese countries can impose special covid-restrictions too.

If these are also enforced and if yes, how rigidly-you can only tell after the trip There have been several reports about Belgium turning people back. I do not exactly know the reasons for that.

Bekijk origineel

6 reacties

Reputatie 6
Badge

As you most likely will know, you have to cross Belgium (or perhaps with a detour Germany) to reach home. THese countries can impose special covid-restrictions too.

If these are also enforced and if yes, how rigidly-you can only tell after the trip There have been several reports about Belgium turning people back. I do not exactly know the reasons for that.

Reputatie 7

Luxembourg is not the problem.

If you want to travel through Belgium by train, then you need all ofthe following:

A negative PCR test

A Passenger Location Form

A Verklaring op Eer

More info here

Thank you very much for the responses.

I didn’t know that I have to follow the travel restrictions of Belgium, since I will just change the train there and I won’t stay in Belgium. I though that I have to follow only the travel restrictions of the final destination.

Reputatie 7

That was my first assumption as well, but I cannot find any special situations for a transfer per train. There are some exemptions mentioned if you fly and transfer through a Belgian airport, but it is specifically mentioned that those exemptions are only for people in transit at an airport.

Reputatie 7
Badge +3

I didn’t know that I have to follow the travel restrictions of Belgium, since I will just change the train there and I won’t stay in Belgium. I though that I have to follow only the travel restrictions of the final destination.

While you're travelling covid is non-existing? 

Probably for Luxembourg doesn’t exist. lol

You can send an e-mail to their government and ask them to change the travel restrictions. 

Reageer