beantwoord

traveling to belgium for doctors appointment

• 4 mei 2020
  • 3 reacties
  • 121 Bekeken

• Op het juiste spoor
  • 1 reactie

I am a resident of Rotterdam however because my family lives in Belgium I also have one doctor in Belgium. Next week I have an appointment with my doctor and I want to take a train via Roosendaal to Kalmthout to see my doctor . Am I allowed to do it ? What do I need to have with me ? I have an email confirmation from my doctor about the appointment. Doctor is a gynecologist ( so it’s not covid19- related ) but she was my doctor for 10 years and I don’t want to search for a new one in Rotterdam . What are the policies ? Can I travel then ? 

icon

Beste antwoord door Sanne NS 4 mei 2020, 14:47

Hi Ann.b and welcome to the NS Community! 

We advice against taking the train unless necessary. A doctors appointment is a exception for this. However, I am not sure you will be able to travel to Belgium, because of the few trains that are running with the COVID-19 outbreak. The best way to check if you can travel, is check the travel planner of NS International. Does this answer your question?

Bekijk origineel

3 reacties

Hi Ann.b and welcome to the NS Community! 

We advice against taking the train unless necessary. A doctors appointment is a exception for this. However, I am not sure you will be able to travel to Belgium, because of the few trains that are running with the COVID-19 outbreak. The best way to check if you can travel, is check the travel planner of NS International. Does this answer your question?

Thank you ! I checked and I see a train connection that works for me . I just don’t want to be sent away as soon as I reach Belgium. That’s why I am asking if having an email from my doctor confirming my appointment is enough to travel . 

Badge +3

Yes, the e-mail appointment is enough proof to enter Belgium. Also, bring your zorgpas (medical insurance card) or hospital pass.

Reageer