Travelling International | NS Community
beantwoord

Travelling International

• 26 July 2022
  • 3 reacties
  • 96 Bekeken

I have an NS Business Card that gives me 100% off travel within the Netherlands and bought a ticket to travel to Belgium. That part was easy.

Do I just scan the ticket’s QR Code at A’dam Centraal or my NS Card at A’dam and then (somewhere) my international ticket at Antwerp?

Same question on return. If it’s just the international ticket, how do they validate that I had the correct NS subscription?

icon

Beste antwoord door rvdborgt 26 July 2022, 13:38

Bekijk origineel

3 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +1

I think this page explains it all:
https://www.ns.nl/en/travel-information/special-routes/traveling-international-train-ns-business-card.html

Thanks for that here is the part I’m confused by:

Show your NS-Business Card in an international train

During an international journey, you only need your international train ticket to ride the train. You only need to show your NS-Business Card if you are using the season ticket linked to the card to receive a discount on your international journey and/or while traveling to the departure station for your international train.

What does “show your NS-Business Card” mean? I read it as “scan your international ticket, and if requested show a human your NS Business Card.” Do I have that right? 

I’m assuming “Season ticket” is a bad translation and refers to the supplement on my NS Business Card that gives me the OV portion that led to the 100% discount.

Thanks

Reputatie 7
Badge +1

What does “show your NS-Business Card” mean? I read it as “scan your international ticket, and if requested show a human your NS Business Card.” Do I have that right?

Yes indeed. 

I’m assuming “Season ticket” is a bad translation and refers to the supplement on my NS Business Card that gives me the OV portion that led to the 100% discount.

"Season ticket” is another word for subscription. In any case, that's what's on your NS Business Card.

Reageer