beantwoord

Venlo - Kaldenkirchen train ticket

Somebody can tell me how much costs this trip to Germany, i didn't found it online :(

Thanks
icon

Beste antwoord door Thom 11 april 2019, 20:26

Als u in Venlo op het Duitse automaat naast de trein het kaartje koopt, is het aanzienlijk goedkoper. Deze trein rekent binnenlands verkeer tussen Venlo en Kaldenkirchen en de afstand is minimaal.

Buy a ticket at the German ticket machine in Venlo. It is located at the platform near the train to Germany. Costs will be lower, as it is considered as a national German train. It 's a small distance to Kaldenkrichen, about five kilometers. Are you traveling to this village or do you plan to travel within Germany afterwards?
A lot of German special tickets are valid from Venlo. Venlo is located in the Netherlands, but the German train company considers it as a German station, as it is the end of a German line.

In al lot of situations, e.g. the German NRW-ticket, there is no need to buy a ticket to Kaldenkirchen. It is valid from Venlo.
Bekijk origineel

10 reacties

Ticket for this route will be around € 5,-. You can find the costs of the travel right here.
Reputatie 7
Badge +4
Als u in Venlo op het Duitse automaat naast de trein het kaartje koopt, is het aanzienlijk goedkoper. Deze trein rekent binnenlands verkeer tussen Venlo en Kaldenkirchen en de afstand is minimaal.

Buy a ticket at the German ticket machine in Venlo. It is located at the platform near the train to Germany. Costs will be lower, as it is considered as a national German train. It 's a small distance to Kaldenkrichen, about five kilometers. Are you traveling to this village or do you plan to travel within Germany afterwards?
A lot of German special tickets are valid from Venlo. Venlo is located in the Netherlands, but the German train company considers it as a German station, as it is the end of a German line.

In al lot of situations, e.g. the German NRW-ticket, there is no need to buy a ticket to Kaldenkirchen. It is valid from Venlo.
Badge +3
Beware to check out at Venlo when using an ov-chipcard, or use an international ticket with discount on the NL part of the journey covered by your NS subscription (40% or 100%).

Or, as @Thom mentioned, buy a cheap ticket at a machine in Venlo.
Thanks, for everybody the informations! I will use Ah dagkaart in NL, and i will buy a ticket in Venlo, i just wanted to prepare myself what to expect, after like 2 hours searching I didn't found it 🤦🤦🤦 so Danny thanks for the link!
Badge +3
Great. No need to book an international ticket in advance then.

Just buy one at a machine in Venlo and you will be good to go!
Badge +3
A single ticket (VRR conditions) from Venlo to Kaldenkirchen costs €2,80 from the German ticket machine in Venlo.

An alternative could be to register for the German service "Handyticket".
https://handyticket.de/portals/web/nutzer/new/login.html?ALTLAYOUT=&LANG=en&proc=neutral
But for only one trip across the border this seems a lot of hassle. Another disadvantage is that most information about the Handyticket is in German only.
Reputatie 7
Badge +4
You will need an account for the Handyticket as well. Besides German there is a option that everything is in English.

For one trip an indeed a very bad idea and it does not save any money. The Handyticket is useful when you do travel a lot in Germany. You 'll obtain your tickets very fast.
Reputatie 3
Yes, its tariffzone A in VRR-cost 2,80 SINGle, thus same for return-trip, and you canNOT buy a return-have to buy 2 separate tickets before start of journey. Real money only in these.
There is also a BUS by ARRIVA, ev 30 mins, from Venlo station to Kaldenkirchen(village), via Tegelen, will take much longer.
BUT if you have a dayticket for NS, like you say, its much cheaper from a Dutch NS machine: find outside of NL, Germany, then return to KK, and then: choose NS traject gratis(Free), then the cost comes down to 3,60, in that case you do not pay for the 8 Kms inside NL till border (its only 1 in DE till KK). Sorry, I do not know now what is exactly stated in /en/ on the machines.
If you just want to have a peak in Germany: go else for free. KK is just a minor uninteresting village without any to see.
With that dayticket you can also go-for free- till AACHEN in Germany on ARRIVA from Heerlen-hourly service. Much more to see and do-its a major town.
I just want to have a germany-shopping day 😃 and that was the closest place where they have DM 😃 . So thanks again for a lot of help it is really usefull!
Yes, its tariffzone A in VRR-cost 2,80 SINGle, thus same for return-trip, and you canNOT buy a return-have to buy 2 separate tickets before start of journey. Real money only in these.
There is also a BUS by ARRIVA, ev 30 mins, from Venlo station to Kaldenkirchen(village), via Tegelen, will take much longer.
BUT if you have a dayticket for NS, like you say, its much cheaper from a Dutch NS machine: find outside of NL, Germany, then return to KK, and then: choose NS traject gratis(Free), then the cost comes down to 3,60, in that case you do not pay for the 8 Kms inside NL till border (its only 1 in DE till KK). Sorry, I do not know now what is exactly stated in /en/ on the machines.
If you just want to have a peak in Germany: go else for free. KK is just a minor uninteresting village without any to see.
With that dayticket you can also go-for free- till AACHEN in Germany on ARRIVA from Heerlen-hourly service. Much more to see and do-its a major town.

I owe you a bier or something! 🤣 Thanks! And i can buy it online as well and pay with iDeal! You are the best! 😃

Reageer