beantwoord

Can't login in my account: Android

• 31 januari 2020
  • 15 reacties
  • 179 Bekeken

I can’t login anymore into my android NS app. I tried changing the special character, changing the language to Dutch, removing all app storage, reinstalling the app.

I know this is an issue that happen to others.

Can anyone tell me if its just me or is a problem with the current version? 6.0.38

icon

Beste antwoord door mrfreeze 2 februari 2020, 14:10

There are some issues with special characters in your password.

This still hasn't been solved ??!! A company that advises avoiding using special characters in passwords in 2020 … :rage:

Bekijk origineel

15 reacties

Hi Ricardo. Welcome to the Community!

How frustrating you still can not log in to the app? What kind of message are you getting when you try to login?

Hey Denice. Thank you for your response.

Pretty much the same as https://community.ns.nl/mijn-ns-53/not-able-to-login-from-ns-app-but-able-to-login-from-website-62797

There are some issues with special characters in your password. Does it solve the problem to change your password?

I have used a couple of special characters already. Can’t find a way to make it work. Clearly the bug still persists in the app. Do you know which characters can I use?

The only known usable special characters are @ and ! and -. Could you try once more with one of those characters and no others?

I was using R**********! in the beginning. I also tried dot ( . ) and single comment ( ‘ ) :grin:

Just to be clear: you can log into your account through the website? As far as I know this is the only available fix for the issue. Have you tried emptying the apps’ cache? Or reinstalling the app altogether?

Yes I can login in my PC. I tried removing both caches and reinstalling the app. Also tried in Dutch instead of English as some people said.

Not sure if they're classified as special characters, but are you using characters like é or ë by any chance? Or any character not native to the Dutch language like ß?

Reputatie 7
Badge +3

There are some issues with special characters in your password.

This still hasn't been solved ??!! A company that advises avoiding using special characters in passwords in 2020 … :rage:

I tried in my brothers phone and can’t log in either. I guess is not my phone but the password itself maybe?

Badge +3

The strength/complexity of a password is not so much special characters, because for a computer a special character is just like any other! but to avoid dictionary passwords like February!2020 (which is valid).

To a computer 1Coffee! (valid) is much easier to guess than mynameisrobert (invalid but longer so harder to guess).

The strength/complexity of a password is not so much special characters, because for a computer a special character is just like any other! but to avoid dictionary passwords like February!2020 (which is valid).

To a computer 1Coffee! (valid) is much easier to guess than mynameisrobert (invalid but longer so harder to guess).

Mine is not a dictionary password. The problem is that I can’t log in. From the information of previous posts there used to be an issue with special characters. I’m amusing I’m having a similar problem. The problem is that you can’t create a password without special characters.

Badge +3

I know all about it, but a single ! should work.

Maybe the problem is your e-mail address, does it have 'special’ characters like + or - or a comma or & or # ?

No. My email address is plain text.

Reageer