beantwoord

Forgot to check in problem

I FORGOT TO CHECK IN BEFORE ENTERING THE TRAIN BECAUSE I WAS IN A HURRY NOT TO MISS THE TRAIN THEN THE CONTROLLER MAN CONTROLLED ME AND ASKED ME WHY I DIDN’T CHECK IN THEN I EXPLAIN TO HIM THE REASON WHY THEN HE STILL WENT AHEAD AN GAVE ME A FILL OF €80 AND I HAVE A BUSINESS CARD

THATS WHY AM HERE COMPLAINING 😢😭

icon

Beste antwoord door Tamzin 23 april 2019, 11:32

As you indicate yourself you didn't check in, so it's no surprise you got fined. As Dutch trains run at very high frequency being in a hurry to catch your train is no reasonable excuse. So what do you expect?
Bekijk origineel

5 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +3
As you indicate yourself you didn't check in, so it's no surprise you got fined. As Dutch trains run at very high frequency being in a hurry to catch your train is no reasonable excuse. So what do you expect?
Hi Lucky Okechukwu Okpaleke, and welcome to the NS Community.

I am sorry to read you had a fine and you don't agree with that. Unfortunately, you always need to check in before you get into the train (even when you have a unlimited travel subscription).
Why are you writing this in capital letters? This is unnecessary.

It looks like you were sitting in 1st class, on an IC Direct train without checking in.
Do you have a subscription for this?
If you have a valid 1st class subscription for the trip you took you can call customer support, explain the situation and they might help you out with this.
In any case you will need to pay for the IC direct charge.

If you don't have a valid subscription, can you please explain why you're complaining? 80 euro's seem fair to me for an illegal trip in 1st IC Direct train.
Reputatie 3

If you have a valid 1st class subscription for the trip you took you can call customer support, explain the situation and they might help you out with this.

Definitely worth trying if you have a valid subscription. If not, I don't think there's a lot you can do. Being in a hurry does not allow you to travel for free.
Badge +3
The correction (via your invoice, after signaling by the conductor!) is correct.

€50 for not having a valid check-in, €20 for being in 1st Class and €10 for not having the IC direct surcharge.

If the conducor gave you a (yellow) fine slip, this becomes a temporary ticket and will not be billed separately.

If your Business Card entitles you to 'free' travel (or any other discount, including 1st Class and/or IC direct), this can easily be corrected by contacting NS Customer Service.

Reageer