beantwoord

2 questions about NS Flex

• 1 november 2019
  • 7 reacties
  • 118 Bekeken

• Op het juiste spoor
  • 1 reactie

Hello everyone,

I am new to the NS community and to the Netherlands:relaxed: and I do not speak Dutch yet (sorry for that).

I have the NS Flex season ticket with 5 €  and 40% discount off peak hours  and I have two questions.

1. I forgot to check in (once) for a trip but I did checked out. I saw that they charged me 12 €. Is this a fee? That is what usually happens or I’ll be charged more? (it is the first time it happens to me)
  2. In a trip from Delft to Leiden and back, I was charged 19,08 (outside peak hours) instead of 6,36 €  that I usually pay. Any idea about what happened?

Thank you for your time.

icon

Beste antwoord door Robert B 1 november 2019, 21:18

The €12 is NOT a boarding rate, so this should be corrected. This is about a forgotten check IN.

If you forget to check in/out, the Flex system guesses your route and will bill you accordingly to previous travels, or else bill you a €10/20/50 correction tariff. The €50 is only billed when you were manually checked by a conductor when underway and not checked in.

Most likely, you were billed for a journey you didn’t make, or was charged full fare because of the unknown time of the check in (peak hours or not).

Contact Customer Service to resolve the issue. Sometimes, those ‘ghost’ corrections will not even show up on your final monthly invoice.

Bekijk origineel

7 reacties

Hello Doral, welcome at our community,

The 12 euro is a boarding rate if you travel with a NS Flex subscription. If you don't check out then we don't change this amount. The best thing to do is to reach our customer service to solve this for you. You can reach them by phone (030 - 7515155) You can also [url=http://www.ns.nl/en/customer-service/contact]chat [/url]with a fellow worker (click on 'live chat' to start a conversation) or send us a message via [url=https://twitter.com/ns_online]Twitter [/url]or [url=https://www.facebook.com/nederlandsespoorwegen]Facebook[/url].

Did you check in during the off peak hours when you did travel from Delft? You also can reach our customer service to figure this out. Please let us know what did happen.

Badge +3

The €12 is NOT a boarding rate, so this should be corrected. This is about a forgotten check IN.

If you forget to check in/out, the Flex system guesses your route and will bill you accordingly to previous travels, or else bill you a €10/20/50 correction tariff. The €50 is only billed when you were manually checked by a conductor when underway and not checked in.

Most likely, you were billed for a journey you didn’t make, or was charged full fare because of the unknown time of the check in (peak hours or not).

Contact Customer Service to resolve the issue. Sometimes, those ‘ghost’ corrections will not even show up on your final monthly invoice.

Thank you for your answer.

I just sent to the live chat and we sorted it out.

Have a nice evening!

Badge +3

Well done, have a good weekend!

The €12 is a boarding rate if you check in during the off peak hours if you have a subscription that will give you a discount during the off peak hours. You can also call it a correction fee. More information about these fees can be found here.

Reputatie 2

Sorry I cannot read anything on that page of a “boarding rate”. I always thought this is one advantage of NS Flex to have no “boarding rate”. The site always says “Correction fee (fine)” and this is something different as it will only occur if someone did something wrong.

Badge +3

The boarding rate (€10/20) will be billed when there is not a complete journey (a check in NOT followed by a check out within 6 hours)

Other than that, I sometimes wonder how the system works.

If you have free travel, any forgotten check in/out should NOT appear on your monthly bill.

Call NS (+31 30 751 5155) to have it corrected.

Reageer