beantwoord

Automatic refund after season ticket activated

• 15 januari 2020
  • 4 reacties
  • 98 Bekeken

My ov card automatic top-up is disabled and the balance is refunded after I picked up my ns flex season ticket. However, I am also using this card to take Qbuzz buses everyday.

How could I take buses if there is no balance on the card? Does this season ticket conflict with bus subscriptions?  

icon

Beste antwoord door Slidestops 15 januari 2020, 17:56

Every form of public transport is billed monthly. There doesn't have to be any money on the card since it's not used. Multiple subscriptions on the same card do give a lot of problems. It's not advised to do so.

Bekijk origineel

4 reacties

Reputatie 7

Every form of public transport is billed monthly. There doesn't have to be any money on the card since it's not used. Multiple subscriptions on the same card do give a lot of problems. It's not advised to do so.

Thank you for your answer. Besides the NS season ticket there is an off-peak discount of the Qbuzz buses, if the bus is also billed monthly, can I get this discount? To my knowledge Qbuzz is a different company, how can NS bill the bus costs instead of Qbuzz? I am quite confused

Badge +3

Flex together with a bus subscription may or may not work.

If checking in at a (Qbuzz) bus asks for balance, you’re ok because then it respects your discount. In that case, feel free to turn on automatic top-up again.

If bus trips show up in Mijn NS (reishistorie) they will be full fare but on credit. In that case, you will need a separate ov-chipcard for the QBuzz discount subscription.

Hello Tianjian, welcome to the NS Community.

With NS Flex you are charged afterwards for al your travels with bus, tram, train and metro. Any NS Flex subscription you have works only for trains. That is why you don't need credit anymore on your card. Like Robert B says, the subscriptions don't always work well on the same card.

Reageer