beantwoord

Fine of 50€ charged against my NS invoice

• 20 mei 2019
  • 5 reacties
  • 328 Bekeken

Hi Team

I got an invoice from NS or € 50 fine stating that I have missed a checked-in during yesterday's journey from Almere Center to Amsterdam Bijlmer Arena. When I swiped the OV chip card at Almere Center, in the gate I saw a message that "problem with gate" or something but after swiping the gets opened for me. I'm pretty sure that I didn't miss the check in or check out. May I know the reason why did the correction charges enforced in my card?

Can anyone explain me why ?
Thanks in advance.
icon

Beste antwoord door Denice NS 22 mei 2019, 19:08

Welcome to the Community, madhanprabhu.

Looking at the amount I'm assuming you have NS Flex? When there is a journey that is missing a check in or out we will charge extra. We will first try and correct the journey ourselves based on your travel history. When we are not able to do that because you do not travel the same route frequently a higher amount will be charged. You can correct this via our Customer Service. This goes fastest via Facebook, Twitter or Chat.
Bekijk origineel

5 reacties

Badge +3
Welcome to the NS Community!

If you have a My OV-chip account (and linked your card) you can see all transactions https://www.ov-chipkaart.nl/my-ov-chip/my-travel-history.htm (without prices/fares, though).

Most likely, you have a double check-out, resulting in a missing check-in, or the other way around.

NS Customer Service can also help you. Later in the evening, calling +31 30 751 5155 or via Twitter is the fastest option. The €50 is not really a fine, but an automated correction that needs to be sorted.
Welcome to the Community, madhanprabhu.

Looking at the amount I'm assuming you have NS Flex? When there is a journey that is missing a check in or out we will charge extra. We will first try and correct the journey ourselves based on your travel history. When we are not able to do that because you do not travel the same route frequently a higher amount will be charged. You can correct this via our Customer Service. This goes fastest via Facebook, Twitter or Chat.

I have a question, i received the letter from NS with my fine ticket it is all in dutch, i need help.

I need to pay €10, can i pay online through my ing bank? 

Reputatie 7
Badge

Hallo @betina18, you can translate always the letter in Google Translate.

You can pay online, see the letter from NS.

Hi betina18 and welcome to our NS Community! I understand you’re having difficulties with the language in the letter. You can, like AbbeyRoad mentioned, pay this online. If you have further questions about what to do, please let me know!

Reageer