beantwoord

How to pay overdue NS Flex invoice?

• 1 juni 2020
  • 2 reacties
  • 112 Bekeken

Hi everybody,

in autumn I signed up for NS flex, and since I am a student I had to travel a lot in that time for my studies. I had a bill that I could not pay because the cost was exceeding my liquidity. So I just wanted to wait until I could get enough money to pay it, even if it was 40 euros more than originally needed. All the emails I received were unfortunately deleted automatically by the server, and so, as I moved into a new apartment later, I also stopped received letters from the NS or the company that deals with overdue invoices. I tried to look on the NS website, but I could not find anything. How can I do to pay the bill? I am desperately looking for a solution. 

Thank you in advance!

icon

Beste antwoord door bahnrider 1 juni 2020, 09:16

You did not tell here from what date/month that unpaid bill was. Reading your story it seems to me by now quite long ago. In that case there is likely bad news, but you could check that dead easy by yourself by holding your chipcard against any reader/machine and read the screen.

The normal procedure for ANY unpaid bill/subscription here in NL is by law:

After about 7-10 days of a missed payment you get a reminder with ultimate date to pay

If its by then still unpaid you get ´aanmaning´´ which mostly already has an extra fee. However, most often these are also send by classic snailmail to the adress last known.

IF still not paid the case will be transferred to a separate encashment agency who will again send a note to pay raised with at least 40 eur. fee. NS usually also then stops whatever subscription there is on you card. You will also be banned from using the FLEX afterpay service for at least 6 monthes.

When you have reached this stage NS can do nothing anymore, you will need to deal with that agency.

So if you kept using the card you must have noted some other as usual things.

This is a public forum where every now and then NS-service centre people come along and read any unsolved issues-mostly by telling you to contact them. Phoning them mostly takes hours, they prefer chat or twitter or fb. Today is 2nd Pinksterdag=holiday here and any office will be closed, the NS centre works 24/7.

Bekijk origineel

2 reacties

Reputatie 5
Badge

You did not tell here from what date/month that unpaid bill was. Reading your story it seems to me by now quite long ago. In that case there is likely bad news, but you could check that dead easy by yourself by holding your chipcard against any reader/machine and read the screen.

The normal procedure for ANY unpaid bill/subscription here in NL is by law:

After about 7-10 days of a missed payment you get a reminder with ultimate date to pay

If its by then still unpaid you get ´aanmaning´´ which mostly already has an extra fee. However, most often these are also send by classic snailmail to the adress last known.

IF still not paid the case will be transferred to a separate encashment agency who will again send a note to pay raised with at least 40 eur. fee. NS usually also then stops whatever subscription there is on you card. You will also be banned from using the FLEX afterpay service for at least 6 monthes.

When you have reached this stage NS can do nothing anymore, you will need to deal with that agency.

So if you kept using the card you must have noted some other as usual things.

This is a public forum where every now and then NS-service centre people come along and read any unsolved issues-mostly by telling you to contact them. Phoning them mostly takes hours, they prefer chat or twitter or fb. Today is 2nd Pinksterdag=holiday here and any office will be closed, the NS centre works 24/7.

Hi Laragsn. Welcome to the Community.

If I understand correctly you have an unpaid bill from last year? If so, that bill will be handed over to the collection agency already. I also understand you have moved. It's your own responsibility to make sure we have your new, current address. Once an automatic collection has failed you'll get a total of 2 emails and one letter with a payment reminder without any extra costs. If your phone number is known to us we even try to contact you by phone before the payment term of the last reminder expires. If after those reminders we don't receive a payment we will terminate your contract and the open payment will be handed over to the collection agency. For NS Flex this also means you can not apply for NS Flex again for a minimum of six months. If you want to know the current status you can contact our Customer Service. 

Reageer