beantwoord

Incorrect "Reis met correctietarief"

• 10 september 2019
  • 4 reacties
  • 163 Bekeken

I have received an email saying "Op 9 september 2019 is met kaart **** **** **** 7551 van A. Nguyen een treinreis gemaakt tegen de reisrichting in."

Cannot even understand what it is since I was checked by an unfriendly conductor who did not even communicated to me if there was anything wrong and now I am charged for 50eu? No further explanation and there was no customer service line where I can talk to?

Travel history is only a round-trip for the date mentioned.

icon

Beste antwoord door Olav93 10 september 2019, 08:27

I have no clue why it still seems too hard for conductors to inform people when they observe something is wrong. However, I can explain to you what this message means: you were found traveling in the direction of the place you checked in. This is not allowed. You need to pay for the distance you travel and you pay the price for the distance from the place you check in to the place you check out only. Therefore, you have not paid enough for your trip when you travel back towards the station where you checked in (without checking out and back in again at the place where you 'turn around').

Your travel history unfortunately doesn't help much the clarify what happened here. It should mean that you were either found traveling towards Almere Muziekwijk during your first trip (started there), or traveling towards Amsterdam Science Park during your second trip (started there).
Bekijk origineel

4 reacties

Reputatie 5
I have no clue why it still seems too hard for conductors to inform people when they observe something is wrong. However, I can explain to you what this message means: you were found traveling in the direction of the place you checked in. This is not allowed. You need to pay for the distance you travel and you pay the price for the distance from the place you check in to the place you check out only. Therefore, you have not paid enough for your trip when you travel back towards the station where you checked in (without checking out and back in again at the place where you 'turn around').

Your travel history unfortunately doesn't help much the clarify what happened here. It should mean that you were either found traveling towards Almere Muziekwijk during your first trip (started there), or traveling towards Amsterdam Science Park during your second trip (started there).
Reputatie 5
There is a customer service you can reach out to, to have them look further into what exactly happened. You should be expecting a late reply no matter at what channel you reach out them as they seem to be understaffed permanently, but there are many ways to reach them:
- tweet @NS_online
- use the chat at https://www.ns.nl/klantenservice
- send a PM at Facebook (https://m.facebook.com/nederlandsespoorwegen)
- call +31307515155
Hello avnguyen1 and welcome to our NS Community.

Unfortunately, I can not answer the question why you have been charged with these costs. The first response Olav93 gave you is a good hint towards what could possibly be going on. Perhaps @Loes might be able to explain the process to you. In any case, our customer service can remove these extra costs from your invoice. Can you let us know how everything turns out?
Badge +3
You can safely forget about/ignore that e-mail for now.

It's probably a 'ghost warning' due to an unknown previous check-out at Science Park (or check-in at Muziekwijk) when the conductor made that registration, effectively telling the system to figure things out in case of doubt.

As soon as the system has things sorted out (as is clearly shown in your travel history), the €50 correction will vanish automagically and will not show up in any invoice.

Too bad the conductor was unfriendly and didn't let you know about the manual registration.

Reageer