beantwoord

Invalid bill from NS recceived

• 10 september 2019
  • 9 reacties
  • 197 Bekeken

Today I received a bill from NS to pay € 59.48 from my Bank account!
I already have paid NS Flex subscription and loaded additional 20 Euro on the Chip card which I used to travel.
I have nothing outstanding for NS to collect there.
Immediately reverse this!
Chipcard number 3528 ************
icon

Beste antwoord door Tochjo 10 september 2019, 13:02

When you have an NS Flex subscription you cannot travel with credit loaded on the card itself. At the end of each month you will receive an invoice for all the travels made in that month (train, bus, tram and metro), and this amount will be deducted from your bank account automatically.

You can find a detailed invoice in Mijn NS (go to Facturen). The invoice shows you exactly what the amount of 59.48 euros is for. You can also contact customer service directly; they can also give you a specification of the costs.
Bekijk origineel

9 reacties

Badge +3
When you have an NS Flex subscription you cannot travel with credit loaded on the card itself. At the end of each month you will receive an invoice for all the travels made in that month (train, bus, tram and metro), and this amount will be deducted from your bank account automatically.

You can find a detailed invoice in Mijn NS (go to Facturen). The invoice shows you exactly what the amount of 59.48 euros is for. You can also contact customer service directly; they can also give you a specification of the costs.
Hello afrovera and welcome to the NS Community.

Tochjo already gave you a good response. Does this help you with your question? Do you need anything else from us?
I tried to contact customer service by chat, nobody comes online. I put my NS can number here, can you check? I was charged upfront costs for the subscription and my travel credit loaded on it was also deducted already for the travels outside subscription. Yes I received double billing in the invoice to the same amount! Can you explain that?

After this I have changed by subscription and received confirmation. Yet after 2 days I have received another bill to pay previous subscription!!! How can you send me a bill to carry on my previous subscription after confirming that I changed my subscription? You are contradicting yourself and it also seems illegal.

Can you explain all those bills? I have included my card number here.
We have edited out your OV-chipcardnumber because it's personal information and this is a publicly accessible community where not everyone will have good intentions. As for the response time of our Chat, sadly it's busy on all our Customer Service channels recently, as has already been mentioned numerous time here as well. We're doing our best to help everyone as soon as possible but at this point I can advice not much else than to be patient.

Aside of contacting our customer service, you can also check the actual invoice via your Mijn NS account. The amount that's been charged will be broken down there which should give you an explanation on why you're paying what you're paying. Have you checked this already?
Hello, yes I already checked that in the first placed and it shows I am double paying what was paid upfront already. Why would I be re-invoiced for the upfront payments and utilised loaded credit at the end of the billing cycle with the invoice requesting payment of those fees? It didn't say that those were already paid up anywhere. Hence I raised the question.

And now after my subscription has been amended to 5 euro/month on 10 September (confirmed by email from NS website) I have received an invoice to pay previous subscription. When I log back in I see my subscription reverted to previous one!!!! How can this be possible?

Can you just explain how you are generating these invoices? Are they checking the actual up front payment made on the account and amending subscription billing?

Am I missing something on your billing operations?
I could give you a lengthy explanation on how the NS Flex invoices are built up, but that might not explain your specific situation. Without your specific invoice I can't give a specific explanation either. I understand your frustration but I can't tell you anything other than to be patient for my colleagues at the Customer Service to come back to you.

If you really want me to look instead, I can, but my shift ends in 5 minutes and I won't be able to help you after that until Monday.
Badge +3
I was charged upfront costs for the subscription and my travel credit loaded on it was also deducted already for the travels outside subscription.
If you have the €5/mo Flex Dal Voordeel you always pay the next month in advance.

The € 59,48 will consist of € 5,- for the next month plus € 54,48 for travel during the previous month. If you received a bill fot that, something went wrong with the auto-debit, and this means you are late. Please pay on time (by the date stated on the bill) to prevent further costs.

There is no need to load any credit on your card when using Flex, travel outside subscription is not possible.

If you did load any credit/balance, all of it will still be on the card and can be reclaimed at a Tickets & Service desk.
Robert, like I described in my earlier message, the fees I was invoiced for were upfront subscription payment plus the travel that my credit was used for. Those were paid upfront. Second issue - I was invoiced for old changed subscription and not for new subscription after being confirmed by NS that it was changed!!! There are 2 different issues piled up here. I think you misunderstood all I explained so far.

It looks like I have to go to the NS outlet to receive customer service as no forum or chat provides any. And it is a waste of my time.
Badge +3
Ok, all I can think of then is that you didn't properly confirm the change of subscription at a machine, so your card acts as if the previous subscription (not Flex) is still active. Did you have Traject Vrij?

Hope they can help you at a Tickets & Service desk. You can also get loaded credit back there.

Reageer