beantwoord

Not able to make a payment

• 12 september 2020
  • 3 reacties
  • 170 Bekeken

Hi,

I left Netherlands a week ago. I closed my bank account. I have received two invoices for using NS flex and want to make a payment. I tried reaching out to customer care. I was told I cannot make payment using a credit card, I do not know why NS website says payment can be made using a credit card.

I gave them my friends bank account number but now customer care is saying they cannot change the bank account details. I tried to do it myself, but there is no option to view or change the bank account when I log into my NS.NL account.

I am clueless about how should I make payment for the invoices. Can anyone help me with this??

Aniket Chitale

icon

Beste antwoord door loklok8 12 september 2020, 22:52

Is it possible for you to make a bank transfer from your or your friends bank account to that of NS? If you've received an AcceptEmail, because the direct debit has failed, there should be instructions in it on how you should make the bank transfer.

The instructions will look like this:

It translates to: 'We advise you to pay the invoice using the link above to prevent mistakes. But, you can also transfer the money to (IBAN) NL14 ABNA 0576 8506 75 under the name of NS Groep inzake NS Reizigers in Utrecht under the description of... (whichever numbers it says in the email which is also on your invoice).'

Payment with a creditcard is not possible for season tickets. It is only possible to pay with a creditcard at ticket machines, Tickets & Service desk or online if you're buying individual tickets. The English website unfortunately does not note that, but the Dutch one does. 

Bekijk origineel

3 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +1

Is it possible for you to make a bank transfer from your or your friends bank account to that of NS? If you've received an AcceptEmail, because the direct debit has failed, there should be instructions in it on how you should make the bank transfer.

The instructions will look like this:

It translates to: 'We advise you to pay the invoice using the link above to prevent mistakes. But, you can also transfer the money to (IBAN) NL14 ABNA 0576 8506 75 under the name of NS Groep inzake NS Reizigers in Utrecht under the description of... (whichever numbers it says in the email which is also on your invoice).'

Payment with a creditcard is not possible for season tickets. It is only possible to pay with a creditcard at ticket machines, Tickets & Service desk or online if you're buying individual tickets. The English website unfortunately does not note that, but the Dutch one does. 

Hello AniketC, welcome to the NS Community. 

I hope the response of loklok8, has helped you. If an automatic payment fails (because the bank account does not exist anymore), then you can only make the payment by hand (like loklok8 explained). I don't know if you can make such a transaction with a credit card, but for a running subscription you can only attach an IBAN. If you did cancel your subscription, then there is no need to change the bank account. The current invoices can be transferred manually, as explained above, and after a cancellation there should be no new invoices. 

Reputatie 5
Badge

Note: IF you live in the EU I assume you still have some bankaccount in your country. In principle it is possible-it is called SEPA- to transfer money also to Dutch bankaccounts, even if that country has not the EUR, like POland or Hungary. I mention this as very few people are aware of it.

If this is not the case, indeed the best way is to nicely ask the friend to make the transfer for you and reimburse them-but then I guess you run into the same problem as paying from a cr-cd will be difficult.

Alltogether I wonder why NS does not even accept things like Paypal etc-which you can easily feed from your cr cd? Even in Germany, on DB/bahn this is possible-whereas Gwermany is way backward in matters banking etc.

Reageer