beantwoord

NS Flex and bus/tram/metro

• 13 juni 2019
  • 2 reacties
  • 412 Bekeken

Hello :)

I'm re-visiting the Netherlands for a month (former resident) in a couple of day and of course will be using trains (and other transport) I've got the NS Flex Dal Vrij all set up on my card ok.

My question is, will a bus/tram/metro pass from a different company (eg from GVB or a nation-wide Netabonnement) also work fine on the same card?? I see NS Flex also is used for bus/tram/metro but full fare only which I don't think would be the cheapest option for me (would be using those transport every day too)
icon

Beste antwoord door Erryt NS 13 juni 2019, 20:41

Sometimes things go wrong when you combine discount subscriptions from other carriers with NS Flex. That's why we advise you not to combine them on the same card.
Bekijk origineel

2 reacties

Badge +3
Welcome to the NS Community!

It all depends if the bus/tram/metro pass is recognized by the (GVB) equipment before it falls back to Flex (and charges you full fare).

For me, it works fine but it is strongly recommended to keep Flex separate from other products (i.e. 'best to not put them on the same card').
Sometimes things go wrong when you combine discount subscriptions from other carriers with NS Flex. That's why we advise you not to combine them on the same card.

Reageer